just bought this little honey 1973 TX650

T Rex NZ

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
was watching this one on e bay and my fingers strayed over to the bid button, what the heck I bet I won't win her, oh oh Im still wining, won ok now I gotta tell my wife, look honey isn't it a tidy old girl and it cost less than my last one.
TX650 1973-1.jpg

Looks like good bones. What's the plan?

the way I see this old girl is to remove the two oil filters, replace with new ones fresh oil, pull carbs off go through them, soda blast them clean posable rekit if the fuels been left inside.
I'm not going to do a strip and rebuild I want to keep her in its present shape I like it's used look, hope fully the fuel tank is solid o_O thats always a gamble eh, I have a new set of mufflers here in NZ that I bought for the XS2 GS650 I bought a month ago.
any tips that would help

thanks Bosco if you saw the one I bought a month ago that one makes this one look a minter, I have a bit of work ahead of me with that GS650

was watching this one on e bay and my fingers strayed over to the bid button, what the heck I bet I won't win her, oh oh Im still wining, won ok now I gotta tell my wife, look honey isn't it a tidy old girl and it cost less than my last one.View attachment 193083
Good on you, very nice bike. I bought one just like that in 1979 for $850.00 aus. It had zed bars, chrome swing arm, full Ivan tighe cam and performance pipes, best xs I've had. Enjoy.

Back