Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
does this count?
'74 250A

Attachments

• dt250.jpg
    dt250.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 38
Geez Louise!...how did ya manage to do that at the Gym?:yikes:
CrossFit pushes pretty hard. I believe I dropped a dumbbell onto another dumbbell with my finger somehow in between. I’m not exactly sure beyond that. I was surprised by how much it hurt and the mess of blood on the floor. My XS650 was parked on the sidewalk. So, I had to drive it 14 miles home. That ring finger provides most of the power for pulling the clutch. I’m sure you don’t have to ask how I know.

On the upside, until the mishap, I had a great workout. CrossFit is working very well for me.

Perfect weather has arrived in Mississippi. So, I decided to wreck myself at CrossFit.
View attachment 251905View attachment 251906

Now spending a beautiful Saturday afternoon at the ER. Apparently, it’s fractured and the bone is exposed.

Dang Marty! That’s horrible, I hope it heals quickly for you. Fingers are so hard to keep isolated, that metal splint is gonna be your way to go for a while.
The last year I was working, I managed to get my index finger into a hedge clipper 😬. It hurt like hell and that little metal splint was the only way I could stand working with it.

Haven't been in the saddle for almost 3 weeks, been a little under the weather. Finally feeling better, so I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon. Ferry ride at Pte. Fortune QC across the Ottawa river for a run along the north shore. Second pic is looking downstream on the return leg. Felt good to ride!

001 (7).jpg007 (3).jpg

Well, not quite a ride but a drive... heading out shortly on a 1339 km drive (according to Google) to pick up a new-to-me set of wheels. Will involve crossing international and provincial borders, all of which I hope will be uneventful. Should be back in 26 hours or so. Pics to follow...

CrossFit pushes pretty hard. I believe I dropped a dumbbell onto another dumbbell with my finger somehow in between. I’m not exactly sure beyond that. I was surprised by how much it hurt and the mess of blood on the floor. My XS650 was parked on the sidewalk. So, I had to drive it 14 miles home. That ring finger provides most of the power for pulling the clutch. I’m sure you don’t have to ask how I know.

On the upside, until the mishap, I had a great workout. CrossFit is working very well for me.
I always knew working out was dangerous.

I always knew working out was dangerous.
Getting off the couch always has its hazards. But, we all know the couch is the fast track to the nursing home. Good news, my finger isn’t broken. So, I’ll be back to grabbing bars as soon as the flesh heals.

Getting off the couch always has its hazards. But, we all know the couch is the fast track to the nursing home. Good news, my finger isn’t broken. So, I’ll be back to grabbing bars as soon as the flesh heals.
Well I'm safe. I prefer my Lazy-Boy to the couch!

Back