Kicker arms/pedals other than stock

remainincognito

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Any old school pedals that will work with the stock kicker arm? Any aftermarket arms that fit the xs650 shaft?

the lever is one piece so you have to modify it in order to change the pedal. I think the most common thing to do is to cut it off right after the 90 and weld a piece of 3/8 threaded rod to it. Hollow a pedal of your choice out and bolt it on. I've seen a tutorial on how to do this at one point but could not find it for you sorry.
As far as after market kickers go I have no idea what fits and works correctly but I bet any Yamaha and most other brands will fit some manufactures change the size of the splines that it slides on to.
If someone knows of a howto send this guy a link

Any stronger kick start levers out there?
I've bent two already, they both hit the muffler. If I had access to a welder i'd re-enforce it.
Going to try and bend the last one without heat, since the original is rather soft after the last attempt.

780cc and 10.5:1 with a stuck advance, kicked like mule, lucky I didn't break a leg... bruised my foot though.

Posted via Mobile

I bought a set of brass knuckles and will be making something like this.....it makes me feel more like a badass.

Brass-Knuck-Pedal.jpg

Bike pedals are obviously commonplace. I've seen brass knuckles as a welcomed alternative. Saw a hand grenade the other day. Let's see some pics of other unique kicks!

This is a pretty easy mod. No welding and only costs about $5.00.

Attachments

• 8_08_rt_closeup.jpg
    8_08_rt_closeup.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 910
If you're wanting to use the rubber popsickle. It can be removed from the stem it comes on and adapted to the stem of the stock kicker.
The hardest part for me was getting the rubber off. The teeth on the frame are aggressive! I lifted the rubber with a screw driver and worked some strapping between the teeth and rubber so it would slip off. After exposing the metal plate drill out the spot welds to get it off the stem it came with. The metal frame is longer than the stock stem so I cut an access hole for the knob in the frame and riveted it back together on the stock stem.

Georelle shows the finished item above.
This is the frame before I removed from stem it came on.
You can see those teeth can get a good grip.

Attachments

• DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
If you can find one thats not too large this would be a cool option to make a kicker. Never seen this idea before.

camper%20parts%20big%20foot%20gas%20pedal.jpg

Up until today I was gonna roll with the brass knuckles idea...might have to take some measurements and see about getting a smaller foot laser cut somewhere.

those smaller foots are hi-beam button covers, yes, the gas foot is huge. but then, a 67 galaxie is huge-er! I had a 66 500 xl. what a tank!!

I read somewhere that one fellow squared up the spline part of the shaft the kick arm goes onto to fit a Harley kick arm. There are many aftermarket H-D kick arms and an almost unlimited assortment of kick pedals out there. I might try that myself.

its pretty easy to put what ever pedal u want on it just break out the buzz box. i used an old bmx peadl on mine. its a shin ripper if your not carefull
100_0757.jpg

i guess i'll ask again, after bending a second stock kicker, any stronger options? i was thinking of trying the harley-route, did yamaha make any larger kicked bikes? i figure something for a shovel head should be strong enough, my electric start is useless, and the stockers seem to made of butter....

The problem with bending the stock kicker is that it may take heat to bend but it doesn't take any or much force to unbend. I'd like to see a billit one made out of 1/4 or 3/8 plate with speed holes. You probably aren't gonna bend that.

Back