lectron carbs

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
have a 2-1 manifold with a lectron carb (set up for my bike by lectron) which I havnt fitted yet ,my question is if I'm not happy with the 2-1 when fitted and buy another lectron carb ,so running a pair ,would I have to rejet ( ie. change the metering rods ) or would the jetting (rods)be the same ..thanks

Barely a difference when I went single to double vm34. I think I played with pilots. And that's it.

Solo is wrong. 360* twin. Air and fuel is only being pulled by one cylinder at a time even if single carb. Manifold might have more to do with jetting than 1 or two carbs.

I don't think triumphs or bsa with single amal were much different on jets from 2 car bed ones.

can't say much about lectrons though. Never ran em.

Well that's a whole new game. Not even sure how a single will run with that. I know xs400 won't run well at all with single carb. 180* crank means to much overlap between cylinders on intake events. 277 you may run into a problem similar too.

a couple of other blokes have run 2-1 with lectron carb rephased according to their posts in the past ,but just wondering in case not happy when I fit it ,what will be involved if I run the 2 lectrons with the carb tune,very exie for lectrons in oz so maybe worrying to much but thinking if doesn't work out buy another and run the 2 rather than waste the money on the 1 iv already bought

+1 with solo2racr Hugh (HHB) used to sell lectron carbs. He is very likely to be able to answer your questions.

Back