LiFepo

vr3506

vr3506
Reaction score
Are Some of the readers here already using a Lifepo4 battery?
What size/capacity do you use and do you use e-start?

I use shorai brand LFX14A1-BS12
it's 14 AH
210 CCA
works great with Estart
it's very small too 66mm front to back,148mm side to side, 105mm tall.
it holds 13.5 volts when fully charges insted of the normal 12.5 volts.
These batteries also don't like the cold weather much but here in mostly very warm Florida it has been great.

A lithium battery works differently than a lead acid battery. They can't be teatsed the same way. Most manufactures use a comparison rating. Giving buyers some idea of comparitive capacity. Read the onfo from the battery seller provides to decide what battery you should use. Some seller have a reference list that will help you decice, Look up your bike and the list reccomends a battery.
I had a Ballistic 8 cell battery in my 750 kitted 75. Rated at 12 a/h and 275 cca's I think they lowered the cca's to 240 now. It worked very well. As I am Carbon mentioned they don't like the cold. Thwey also don't like to be drawn below about 2 volts. Like if you hit the engine stop switch, jump off the bike to rush to the bathroom and forget to turn off the key and run the battery dead.
They also don't like to be over charged.
Anyway I destroyed my 8 cell and replaced it with a 12 cell. It's case size matches a stock battery, is 12 a/h with 360 cca's and weighs about 2 lbs.
It works much better.
American Iron just finished up a two part article on batteries. First part lead acid, second prats Lithium.
Leo

Back