Looking for some exhaust input/opinions

hobodictator

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I do a fair bit of lurking here and pipe in occasionally. Right now I am trying to figure out an exhaust design to spend a bit of the tax check on. Its based off of the Gordon Scott curved drag pipes but it seems he isn't in business anymore. Another option i hadn't finished is possibly a small muffler on the end of the long one. Any option will have baffles installed.

Any recommendations of shops would be greatly appreciated. i'm in Indianapolis, so I figured I would reach out to pandemonium first. Really trying to keep the business in the xs community.

Attachments

• exhaust 1.jpg
    exhaust 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 288
  • exhaust 2.jpg
    exhaust 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 259
  • exhaust 3.jpg
    exhaust 3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 286
Pandemonium is a great shop and Dan is a great guy. I reached out to Wes at Counter Balance Cycles, he's made some cool stuff for me. I told him what I wanted and he knocked it out off the park. Every piece of these pipes are SS, he's the only guy I've found that makes them outta SS, give him a shout. He can make whatever you want.....
http://counterbalancecycles.bigcartel.com/

The pipes he made me....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454013460.539233.jpg

I can't help you on the exhaust, but I have to say I love that alternator set up. I thought of doing something similar 20 years ago when my last XS ran. I may do it on the current build.

I can't help you on the exhaust, but I have to say I love that alternator set up. I thought of doing something similar 20 years ago when my last XS ran. I may do it on the current build.

Ranger has a similar thing going on...really cool!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454027835.317534.jpg

Pandemonium is a great shop and Dan is a great guy. I reached out to Wes at Counter Balance Cycles, he's made some cool stuff for me. I told him what I wanted and he knocked it out off the park. Every piece of these pipes are SS, he's the only guy I've found that makes them outta SS, give him a shout. He can make whatever you want.....
http://counterbalancecycles.bigcartel.com/

The pipes he made me....
View attachment 60780

You could do much better with a smaller pulley on the alternator, larger on the crankshaft. I put a Denso alternator on my '86 GoldWing, best mod I've ever done.

Scott

If you keep clicking on next when viewing your pics it's fun to watch!

Dang I 'm a helpful sort.

Back