Wanted - looking to get my rear 18" rim chromed.

MButler37

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, i live near detroit mi....im looking for a place to take my rear rim to get chromed for a somewhat decent deal. any suggestions? thanks

The tree huggers have made chrome plating stupid expensive, good luck finding a deal.

You may want to look at POWDER COATING because its cheaper and they do have some CHROME COLORS that give the look of chrome. Chrome plating has got high on price and if you are lucky to find someone who has a good turn around time. I tried to get some parts done last year and the place is good but after 7 months i gave up and got my parts back and powder coated them.
Good Luck and if you find someone good post it.

This is as close to chrome as it gets with powder coat. These are parts I did for James Brown's "The sports caster" Impalla

Attachments

• Street tacker build 015.jpg
    Street tacker build 015.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Street tacker build 016.jpg
    Street tacker build 016.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 100
p.s. prepping pitted chrome is the worst. I won't ever do it again as I just don't have a blaster/compressor up to the challenge. + blasting sucks

How long before you got your parts back from BROWNS?????
I use to us them a couple years ago but the 6 month turn around is a killer.
In the 80's they were the fastest around and good prices but chrome got dead and people didn't want to pay $175.00 for a valve cover chromed. I will have to re look at them if you say you are useing them and getting parts back fast.

How long before you got your parts back from BROWNS?????
I use to us them a couple years ago but the 6 month turn around is a killer.
In the 80's they were the fastest around and good prices but chrome got dead and people didn't want to pay $175.00 for a valve cover chromed. I will have to re look at them if you say you are useing them and getting parts back fast.

It's been a few years.

That's crazy. The guy that used to own the chrome plating place that my Dad worked was named Ron Brown. It was based out of Brainerd, MN though and is still there today. It used to be called North Star plating in the 80's and 90's and did mostly show chrome and commercial stuff on auto and semis.

The owner of this company is Ronnie Brown!?!?

That's crazy. The guy that used to own the chrome plating place that my Dad worked was named Ron Brown. It was based out of Brainerd, MN though and is still there today. It used to be called North Star plating in the 80's and 90's and did mostly show chrome and commercial stuff on auto and semis.

The owner of this company is Ronnie Brown!?!?

The company I linked to is in Kentucky.

Back