Mike's XS PMA

Sticking my neck out to say that the low end aftermarket PMA components being sold today have inferior quality control than genuine Japanese components.

Power dynamo and Electrex world components are better quality but cost significantly more.

I try get used Yamaha RD,LC.RZ stators and rotors from wreckers to do PMA conversions.

Although used they are made to a good standard to start with and I have had no problems
using the standard reg/rectifiers as well. Next time I will get a mosfet reg/rec.

Again I will go for used a Japanese part from a wrecker as there are a lot of knock offs being sold as the real thing.

I had 7 years ago an XS Charge system from XS 650 direct and was working as it should. Sold the bike a year later so do not know if still in operation. I would not buy that again after talking to guys who have burned up multiple reg/rec and broken stator wires. This is not just the Mike's product other vendors also. Currently running stock charging with diy reg/rec and stock TCI ignition. No issues and will continue to purchase good used oem components rather than china junk.

It is much better to use used Japanese parts than new parts from China. OEM used Banshee rotors are readily available as are a bunch of used OEM stators. You do need to source a couple of mounting plates and a good Shindengen reg/rec.

Installed one in June and it died in September along with accompanying SS reg/rec. Looking for something from the list compiled by Mriggs. I read on another site that a person there had ordered an electrosport stator #esg 730. Dimensions were the same id and od was 104mm(xscharge is 103mm), thickness is 15mm as opposed to the 20m of the xscharge part. That may not be a problem. I haven't removed mine yet to check clearance of the rotor inside diameter. The esg740 was same as 730 except 22mm thick, numbers provided to me by the sales manager at Electrosport . A note: pictures of electrosport parts often shown on sales websites are of older better insulated parts. I asked about this specifically during an online chat with a person at powersports in Austin. He said the one they sell is the one pictured on their website. That is not the part you will see,sometimes, if you just type in the es part # on a search page. Some pictures show a very well insulated stator. Most of the new stators offered look a lot like the xscharge, but not identical, mostly in the cheapness category.

Back