MotoLanna parts

I have bought from them a few times. All were delivered in about 10 days with no issues. Their front fenders are and billet yokes are good stuff.

I also bought the turn signal mounting brackets - got them OK, about the same time as racerdave - only issue was the hole spacing, about 1-2 mm too far apart to fit my '82 tree, had to file them out a bit.

Motolanna is a great resource. I've done quite a lot of business with them on my SR projects and never had a problem. Peter is quite concientious and answers emails promptly. Last thing I ordered from him was a reproduction Lucas tailight. He notified me that he wasn't happy with quality he was getting from his vendor and wasn't shipping until he was. How often does that happen?

roy

I also bought the turn signal mounting brackets - got them OK, about the same time as racerdave - only issue was the hole spacing, about 1-2 mm too far apart to fit my '82 tree, had to file them out a bit.

I wish I could get a definitive answer for exactly which models have 20mm on center triple clamp bolts (which is what our brackets are) They fit fine for the vast majority of people. Occasionally someone buys them, and their triple clamp bolts are about 18mm on center. It seems to not be year related. :confused:

Posted via Mobile

I wish I could get a definitive answer for exactly which models have 20mm on center triple clamp bolts (which is what our brackets are) They fit fine for the vast majority of people. Occasionally someone buys them, and their triple clamp bolts are about 18mm on center. It seems to not be year related. :confused:

Posted via Mobile
All I can say is that my bike is a 1982 XS650SJ model with all original Yamaha front end parts. It appears to me that in the manufacturing process, the holes in the turn signal mounting brackets are punched, not drilled; so one way to ensure that all brackets fit all models might be to use punches that are 2mm longer than they are wide, in effect creating a "slot". The pinch bolt heads would cover the "gap" on both 18mm and 20mm centers.

Motolanna is a great resource. I've done quite a lot of business with them on my SR projects and never had a problem. Peter is quite concientious and answers emails promptly. Last thing I ordered from him was a reproduction Lucas tailight. He notified me that he wasn't happy with quality he was getting from his vendor and wasn't shipping until he was. How often does that happen?

roy
Good for Peter - that's how you protect your customers and keep their goodwill. I wonder if the repop Lucas taillight is the same unit as Mike's #1122-69 - I have one on my '82 Special now, but before installing it, I replaced the cheap 2-wire socket with an OEM Yamaha 3-wire one of much better quality so I wouldn't have to cobble up a chassis ground. The radius of the housing does not match the radius of a XS650 rear fender, but the gap is hidden by the lip on the gasket. All three mounting screws were too short, and the front one comes down through the fender at about a 45 degree angle.

Back