My Dream

Britman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am picking this up tomorrow if all goes as planned. 1964 CA77 Honda 305 Dream with an actual 12k on the clock. I can't explain why I needed one at this point in my life since I always thought they were somewhat ugly with their art deco design. In order to make it even more gaudy there is set of vintage Buco saddlebags on the way that need restoring. It is amazing what senility will cause you to do.....

Attachments

• IMG_2521.JPG
    IMG_2521.JPG
    642.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2535.JPG
    IMG_2535.JPG
    576.2 KB · Views: 88
I am picking this up tomorrow if all goes as planned. 1964 CA77 Honda 305 Dream with an actual 12k on the clock. I can't explain why I needed one at this point in my life since I always thought they were somewhat ugly with their art deco design. In order to make it even more gaudy there is set of vintage Buco saddlebags on the way that need restoring. It is amazing what senility will cause you to do.....
:cheers: We only live once.

The Dream is a nice little cruiser ... I even like the Buco bags.... period correct... a buddy had both the 305 Dream and 305 Super Hawk... it was revealing the difference... the Dream... sedate performance at best.. the S Hawk was a little demon ... I'm currently help'n a buddy restore his Dream .... the placement of the condenser is going to be relocated.... ! Later I'll post photos of his bags... not a fan... 😎

As stated... I don't care for the bags... wrong era for one... we fab'd up some support brackets.. they and the bike are going for powder coat in time... the rear fender was crashed we got a donor bike.. cut.. swap weld... I have the old school Buco's on my Cb450P... they fit..... look good.. on mid-smaller sized machines.... 😎

Attachments

• bOB BAGS 1.jpg
    bOB BAGS 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Bob bags.jpg
    Bob bags.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 59
As winter has progressed the restoration has gone a little further than first projected. Since I am keeping this one for myself, I am enjoying the process even though there have been a few bumps in the road. Spare parts are a nightmare for the Dream line. There are no aftermarket suppliers for brake shoes or sprockets. I had to have an old set of shoes relined, try and find someone who does that anymore. They are out there, but you pay for the service. Going over the paint currently and doing my best to blend and touch up to keep as much of the original finish as possible. Engine is good, great compression, just detailing and going back in but will have a new electronic ignition. I have spent months looking for Buco brackets for the bags and have picked up a piece here and there, made the rest, hopefully they will stay on going down the road. My Wife just came home from the hospital yesterday after having her second total knee replacement, when I am not in my nurse mode, I am doing a little here and there. Thank the Lord for projects, gives us both time to heal and prevents an "Old Age Drive By"......

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    417.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 47
Dammed if a baby brother didn't arrive the other day. FB find I couldn't pass up, even with shipping from NJ it was a good deal. I am finishing up the Dream first, so it is going to be awhile. 1965 Honda CL77 (305 Scrambler), my favorite bike of all time.

Attachments

• DSC05103.JPG
    DSC05103.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC05105.JPG
    DSC05105.JPG
    429.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC05107.JPG
    DSC05107.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 68
Back