Need your opinion boys and girls

She had a lot of work done after being found in the barn. The description has a long list of aftermarket parts so definitely not a "Barn Find"

Bit of both. Get some pics of the original parts to see what the condition is. If the mufflers are rusty and the alloy parts are oxidized, it will indicate the heated garage may be exaggerated.

Looking at the condition of the gauges, (speedometer reading 900 Miles), especially the lettering decal on the tower, (really good as that will rub off when cleaning the lens), handle bars and general condition the bike looks real good. In fact better than good it does look like its in excellent condition. As for a clean up restore or a bike looked after sitting in a heated shed it is hard to tell. Improvements, especially the carbs is definatly a good. 2 into 1 well, the muffler looks loud and the headers are a preference over what would/could be considered better. changes the power band higher in the revs. Cam end caps and charging side cover inspection plate are aftermarket.

Doesn't mention brake hoses. if they are original they probably need to be replaced. They laminate with age. Rebuilt the brakes so the fluid should have been changed.........worth a question

Price wise, its your choice. many will say its to much and they can be got cheaper............ Low miles and with the upgrades and new tyres and road ready it's up to you what it is worth. If it is tagged for the road it would still be a negotiation on price. If you have to register it then the price is way to high and in my opinion, i would be taking that cost off the price and then haggle.........an 80SG seat is a + in my book comfy and can slide around on it when the bum gets numb or to change position.

As with any old bike there will be on going maintenance but where it has been stored will mean it shouldn't have to much t go wrong with it. Teething issues could be wiring connections that have been sitting for a long time. Maybe a thing to go through the whole loom and disconnect all connections and couplings to look for any oxidization and clean and replace if necessary....test the charging system, (rotor), for output, if the windings are a nice brown colour that would indicate little use and should be in good condition.

looking at all these pictures is this a dam good rebuild or an actual "Barn Find?"
Like Doug says... prolly a bit of both. And honestly, at the condition it's in, does it really matter? New pipes don't look to be discolored in the least. Makes me wonder if the new carbs have even been dialed in yet? Other than that, yeah.... I'd pursue it and see what shakes out.

Last edited:
No I don't believe it ----it is too good to be true .
If someone owns a motorcycle with 2 starting zeroes on the odometer is that 900 miles --that would be the two four first weekends after purchase
Supposedly stored in a warm garage after that .1 owner .NO one will start to rebuild it.
And since that is a Strange thing to do I would suspect a lot of tuning left to be done perhaps not even started.
However are we not all chasing the dream.
However .it can be heard when the engine is started if it is something else than 2 zeroes up front
And smoke from the exhaust
Not saying it is the case here There are those Not sure how it translates " Polishingfaggot "
People that don't ride bikes just polish them Haul them on a trailer to bike meet. Mileage sometimes of 50000 --to 80000
Serious rattling and smoking They dont care they only polish them . Not doing the more important service.

1 owner there should be paper work and a history of the previous owner and so with an explanation to the low mileage
So it can be true But I dont believe it at this point in time
I would look at it if I was interested .But I am not into the perfect mint looking ones
They need to be stock but if the parts are there .OK
And are more expensive cant be parked everywhere and so
Price is difficult I am not into these but if all the original parts are there It would be sold at that asking price here I do believe perhaps even more
But I don't believe the milega ..Clocks have been replaced I would suspect
But on the other hand it can be true here was a lot of bikes sold beginning eighties and parked with low mileage .. Many Suzuki s 4 cylinder Long time since I heard of any still found

My guess it really is pretty much what it says it is. Cautions already noted above, but if it's a genuine 900 mile survivor it would be worth more than that in the UK. If you're interested, give em a call?

I have been looking at Marketplace a lot over the last 6 six weeks. My first red flag is the seller. He just joined Facebook, has no friends or any other posts besides this one. The situation of shiny bike, low miles, cool back story all tells me to be wary of the deal. I would surely go see the bike in person and like the others have said, look at any paperwork he has for the story.

Back