New addition to the garage…

crappy old wiring, connections, switches etc.
Get yourself some Deoxit and clean all the connectors with it. That stuff is the best!
1651148744554.png

That is a cool bike. I have never seen one before. I owned a Suzuki 750 GT 4-cylinder (1980) 15 years ago. I have heard of the three cylinder but never water-cooled! That one is immaculate.
'TT'
Suzuki had quite a selection of multi-cylinder 2-strokes, 185 twin GT-250 twin, GT380 triple, 500 Titan twin, GT550 triple and of course the GT750 Water Buffalo. As far as I know, they were all pretty good bikes in their time. I'm sure I'm leaving some off. Anybody out there remember any that I'm missing?

Did a compression test. 130/135/140 psi cold and the Water Buffalo gurus say 95-125 is healthy. Looks like the old girl still has some life left in her.

Also popped the tops off the carbs to check the diaphragms. Fortunately still in great shape. Will do a carb sync later this week. Nice thing about this bike is you can do lots to the carbs without taking the tank off. Lots of space under there. Lucky for me these appear to be a variant of the BS38 which I’m fairly familiar with. I’ll try to leave them alone for the riding season and maybe give them a rebuild this winter.

Noticed cables look fairly old. Might switch the clutch cable. Will also replace the front rubber hoses with SS lines.

E8C67294-98D2-4FE1-9986-DCD3873CAB3C.jpeg

Yes for some reason these pics turned out well. Usually my photos aren’t as nice as others using more current models of phones.
Phones have a camera? Doesn't matter, the cord won't reach to the garage and the wife won't let me bring the bike in the house.

Did a compression test. 130/135/140 psi cold and the Water Buffalo gurus say 95-125 is healthy. Looks like the old girl still has some life left in her.

Also popped the tops off the carbs to check the diaphragms. Fortunately still in great shape. Will do a carb sync later this week. Nice thing about this bike is you can do lots to the carbs without taking the tank off. Lots of space under there. Lucky for me these appear to be a variant of the BS38 which I’m fairly familiar with. I’ll try to leave them alone for the riding season and maybe give them a rebuild this winter.

Noticed cables look fairly old. Might switch the clutch cable. Will also replace the front rubber hoses with SS lines.

View attachment 213287
Unless the coolant looks fresh, it's prolly best to change it out too.

Back