New Guy

pyroman

Pyroman
Reaction score
Howdy from Texas, I am new here, joined a couple weeks ago, but didn't post an intro. I am a 54 year old ,long tine rider. I have had 2 Xs 650's but let them get away. I recently drove almost 3000 miles to pick up 3 of them, 2 of them were already under Street tracker construction, one a st ocker. One street tracker I will keep, the other 2 will have to go, as I am out of room for toys. My stable includes a Super Glide, a Electra Glide, a Then Came Bronson Replica bike (featured in this months MOTORCYCLE CLASSICS magazine) a 06 S&S bobber, a 46 Chief, and about 20 Honda's, Kawasaki's and now some Yamaha's! My favorite bike? 1969 Honda Z-50 Mini Trail. I restored it from bits and pieces. I am leaving in a few to pick up My shaved lower fork legs from the powder coater, and am waiting new tires, and shocks for the Street tracker. I love this forum and log in every morning to view it while I drink My coffee and wake up. I hope You Guys don't mind a bunch of questions, as I will have plenty!

He could change his nick from pyroman to introman and pop in once a month or so. Nothing funny happens anymore.

Glad your here. I'm a devout fan of MC and read your article with interest. I had oneof my bikes in featured in the readers ride section. Richard and Landon are great supporters of us old timer bikes.

Thanks Jim, that is a great mag, lots of cool stuff. They may do a follow up article on the replica Bronson Bike I built for Birney Jarvis, the REAL Jim Bronson.

Good morning, pyro. I just picked up the magazine like usual. Its part of my scan of the bike, rat car/truck/bike, antique car/aircraft, art scenes. Inspirational cross-pollination is essential in my opinion and MC is one of the better ones.

Welcome to the forum.

replica Bronson Bike I built for Birney Jarvis, the REAL Jim Bronson.

I think I read about him somewhere, maybe a tie between him and one of the originators of the TV series that served as the inspiration.

One of the few things that's dated and quaint about the series is the eye in the triangle on the gas tank. In those days people took it for what it is, whereas today it would invoke, hmmm which conspiracy is this?

:)

Last edited:
The tie between them- best Friends and both reporters for the San Francisco Chronicle. Denne Bart Petitclerc left the news biz to write for Hollywood and based the Movie on Birneys adventures as a Hells Angel and motorcycle racer, Wildman and bar room brawler. The "All Seeing Eye" is a long story, and yes it does raise an occasional eyebrow. Short version, Producer Robert Justman took the idea from a dollar bill. Birneys original 50's bobber had a Kokopelli on the tank, in honor of His Wife, who was Native American.

When I was a little kid and watching the show I never noticed the emblem on the tank myself, but it was pointed out to me by another kid who watched the show who himself called it "the all-seeing eye." I think we thought of it as the observing eye of God, or the first principle of most religions as I would think of it today. Bronson must be Birney redeemed, because the last thing Bronson was was a hell raiser. Macho but upright and soft-spoken and literary.

Last edited:
TCB was released within 2 weeks of Easy Rider, and the producers didnt want to make another" bad biker" movie. Steve McQueen was actually first choice ,followed by David Carradine, both had prior commitments. . Michael Parks was superb as Bronson, and a good role model. Bronson and Birney were 2 different people, but today Birney is very much like Bronson, a Christian, and a knd and gentle Man.

Welcome. I'm a subscriber to MC mag too. They publish not too far from me in TOEpeka, KS. Backus and Hall seem to be genuine enthusiastic bike nerds just like me. Met Backus at a show downtown and he seemed ok. Interesting article about the Bronson bike thing. I was pretty young and probably we didn't watch that in my house when I was a kid. My dad was more of a Gunsmoke kind of guy.
Have fun pyroman. :bike:

Awwww, too bad man. That was the good old days and you missed it ;)

I wanted to take a minute to wish a very Happy Birthday to Birney Jarvis, the real Jim Bronson, on whose life the TV series" Then Came Bronson " was based upon. Happy Birthday, Buddy, the next beer is on Me, looking forward to Our next get -together! I blame Birney for My lifelong motorcycle addiction. So what is this, Birney, 81, or 82? You got a lot of years left!

Back