new member here

madkawchop

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
have just purchased first xs 1981 i have heard tremendous reviews about these bikes however given my screen name im a kaw man need more info on these bikes specs any help is greatly appreciated

Welcome on board madkawchop :thumbsup:
Plenty of info on this site & loads of people with massive knowledge of the XS
what sort of info are you after :confused:

Hi there. Ive got an 81 myself. The good: Elec ign WAY better than contact points. Overhead cam beats the crap out of old British vertical twins. The bad: Vibration

well about that is it safe too say i can make kicck start only got the bike from a buddy he has built a few thi one is in boxes and would rather re-wire using as few wires as possible

great news most of it have gotten figured out alresdy my main problem is syncing carbs and wiring

great news most of it have gotten figured out alresdy my main problem is syncing carbs and wiring
Wireing: pretty easy if your doing a minimalist loom. If restoring. good luck to you. thats a serious job. Carbs: its just fiddling with it till the bikes happy. Part are cheap and plentifull, but be carefull. I noticed on ebay selling a used rear axle for 50$, on mikes, they are only
34$ new.. But the ebay ones are free shippimg, where as Mikes has upped free shipping to orders over 150$. Pic yer' poison.
http://www.mikesxs.net/products-13.html#products

Back