Offset Sprocket

At the end of the day - it's still just an xs650. I could put all new parts on a stock standard, and not get $5000. If you want to sell for $5k, then you should get someone to say "i want it like this" and build it for them. Building how you like it is not likely to make that money.

If I can't sell it then I'm gonna have to close my shop. And I have no doubt I can fab a bad ass bike. I win first place at the shows with my mini truck.

I got the Gary Poh kit and if you think $400 is expensive forget a wide tyre! Cos on to you have to get say a Harley clone rim, then a custom made 34T rear sprocket with a 5 bolt stud pattern, then disc brakes to match, a nice wide fender, limited choices on wide hard tails, or make the frame yourself. It adds up and was way more expensive than I was expecting.

DUDE
First of all i have built more bikes than most and unless you got a Killer paint job and springer front end and disk all around you are shooting too high. I sell most of my bikes with a 6 month warranty on motor for $4000.00 with $2500.00 in new parts. There are guys with killer bikes trying to get that money and not getting it. My big seller is a RAT BIKE because most guys can afford it. I built a killer orange bike that TCB uses on ther site for tires and that bike with all the polish and things sold for $3500.00 and resold for $4000.00.
I have owned alot of shops and you must be young and nobody giving you good advise. You will be out of business in a year or less if you put all your eggs in one basket. Build two lower cost builds and blow them out and keep money flowing. You will sell faster and get your bikes out there by building lower cost bikes or kit bikes/Rat Bikes then sticking all your money into one bike and for you to say if this bike doesn't sell i am out of business you already are way over your head. Take my advise and run with it YOU ARE GOING TO BE A VERY GOOD BUILDER because sounds like you got the passion JUST SLOW DOWN and get those lower cost bikes out there.
Here are some pictures and prices i get .

Attachments

• orgpr.JPG
    orgpr.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 141
  • rat bk.JPG
    rat bk.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 162
  • complete bike.GIF
    complete bike.GIF
    105.2 KB · Views: 137
  • kitbike.JPG
    kitbike.JPG