Make Offer - Parting Out - Beautiful 1980 XS650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Picked this one up a while back, and just haven't had time to mess with it. All original minus the seat setup. Kinda like the seat on it as is. It's 31 years old, so keep that in mind.

Chrome is great, spokes aren't rusty at all, and this bike will run pretty good. I don't keep the battery up on it, might need a new battery. Swingarm bushings are sloppy, but i have another swingarm with bronze bushing that can go with it... Right side muffler has some scrapes on the bottom of it. 12K miles - Shes a bit dirty from sitting on my gravel driveway in the rain, but has been in storage ever since... Good tires. I'd probably bleed the brakes and do all the normal maintenance stuff and ride this one to death :)

This thing still has all the factory bolt covers, wire ties, etc... :D

100_7044.jpg

100_7043.jpg

100_7041.jpg

100_7039.jpg

100_7038.jpg

100_7042.jpg

$1800 FIRM or I'll just keep it :)

*EDIT - I have decided to part this bike out... I am keeping the engine, frame, forks, and maybe the front wheel. I have the stock charging systems, air boxes, fenders, battery box, TCI Ignition and Control Module (worked great before teardown), complete UNCUT wiring harness and all the other miscellaneous junk that a Street Tracker doesn't really need :D

Shoot me a message on THIS thread asking for pics/prices... Not trying to get rich, would rather see the parts go to a good home

I am still interested in the wiring harness. Remember my post from a few weeks back? How clean are the mufflers/exhaust? Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have no idea... They were pretty creative in the mounting, and it fit great! It was really comfortable when I was riding it...

How much for the tach and speedo? Mine has been acting weird and someone broke the stud off the back of one too. Mainly tach. Thanks...

How much for the tach and speedo? Mine has been acting weird and someone broke the stud off the back of one too. Mainly tach. Thanks...
I've got a nice tach off my '82 all boxed up if you're interested - $35 including shipping.

both left and right handlebar controls price shipped to OK 73160 please

Just a suggestion here, but next time you might want to PM that kind of info instead of posting it on someone else's sale thread. To me that's kind of a douche move.

Hooligan, you are absolutely right - I wasn't thinking - I apologize to Hugh - never again.

No worries on my end... I support the community, and a very large amount of keeping these bikes alive is in used parts. I don't exactly corner that market, so more power to you folks for helping each other out...

Side Note: I'll be out of town until next tuesday, I'll answer all PM's the best I can at that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back