Picking up a 79 XS650 on Friday

JetFixer

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be picking up a 79 xs650 on Friday and I will be turning this into a hard tail springer bobber. Looking forward to being able to use the knowledge on this form to help me with my project.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Very simple process. There is a size limit on pics, may be your prob.

If you want to post a full pic then hosting through an album, (from XS650.com), is a good way to go or a re-sized pic from a folder on your computer will post a small pic that enlarges when clicked on.

Welcome to the forum!

that looks in good shape for it's age!

You can post more than one pic in a post, that way you won't have to put up multiple posts!!

Keep us updated!

Looks like a solid foundation for your project!

congrats on the pics.

That is a rare one year only bike.

What makes it a rare, one year only, bike?

I'm curious because I too have a 1979 xs650 Special with the spoked wheels... and I never realized that there was anything special about it. Cool!

Didn't they also make the Special model in 1978?? I know that a LOT changed in 1980 though...

79 (first year) Special II has alloy rim spoke wheels, the only 19-16 alloy spoke wheel set produced for the XS650. After 79 the Special IIs use chrome steel rims.

Nice find now if you can keep your pants on and get that engine running perfect, before you get out the saws-all and angle grinder..........
Search head bolt retorque on here, there's a good chance you can stop that head gasket leak without surgery.

Back