Placement options

motorbreath

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at pics, and wiring diagrams and i was wondering were people put the ignitions unit?:confused: Or is that why everyone upgrades to the pamco electronic ingnition, that gets rid of the ignitions unit, right?

You can put the TCI box most any place. Lots use a fake oil tank to hold most of the electrics. The only thing that can't go in the tank is the reg/rec, gets to hot, needs to be out in the air.

I have seen people stash them in, mini kegs, ammo box, old radio, beer cans, the fake oil can that xsleo said, pretty much any sort of box or container that you can fit the crap in and mount it somewhere.

I did see one guy who made his own box and then lined it with that packing shit that they use for computers cause water cant penetrate it. Then he would lay everything in there put the top on, squeeze it all together and he had a pretty niffty set up. it was tiny, out of the way looked super clean

Thanks, thats what i was a little confused on, i was going to either buy the tc bros one or make my own wiring container

I just welded a piece of expanded metal to the bottom of my seat rails. My reg/rect will be mounted to the underside of it, and my fuses will be on top.

I'm running the pamco unit, a perm mag alt and capicitor (kick only) so I won't have a battery.

81166a51.jpg

55860db3.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Back