Pma rotor alignement problem ?

Reaction score

Installed a pma from xs charge. The rotor seems misaligned by about 1/16'' when it rotates. I've tried may different ways of mounting with and without woodruff key, always getting this slight wiggle. Is this something to worry about? Video is from underneath bike looking up at rotor. Thanks!

That looks more like the inside edge chamfer is uneven. If you really want to check, set up an indicator and get an exact figure on runout.

What I meant to say is I think the taper on the shaft is good and there is no travel on the shaft. I'll check runout tomorrow. Does it happen regularly that these new parts are off? I would have thought these were well machined?

most of those aftermarket PMA's, and the some aftermarket original type charging systems are Chinese mass produced, so quality control may not be the best..........There have been all sorts of problems associated with these PMA's from XScharge.Mikes/Hugh's...........

I would be getting in touch with the supplier.......could be a new batch and they don't know there is a problem or could be a one off.

Its not surprising at all to see poor quality from those Chinese electrical parts. It happens a lot.
If you have a stock Japanese charging system, put that back on your bike, and spend time out riding instead of repairing your bike in the garage.

Back