Purchasing parts, best distributor?

G_YamTech_314

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a clutch basket and a starter senoid off of eBay fro. Trusted sellers, but that's only two parts out of a big list of things to get, and some of it on eBay can be found as NOS.

What are some reliable and GOOD QUALITY distributors of parts for things such as front and rear cam chain guides, a new cam chain altogether, and gasket and seal kits?

I'm prepping for a bottom end rebuild, and I'm almost ready to go, but I want to get reliable guides for the cam chain because I've heard they fall apart and some replacements are cheap.

What else will I need to purchase to do a FULL rebuild of the bottom end? As long as I replace seals, gaskets, cam chain, and the guides I should be pretty set right?

My clutch basket was damaged which is why a new one was needed, but other than that, the bottom end checks out as solid. No sloppy movement in crank, no resistance in the spinning parts, no wear or bends on shift forks or pins, what else do I need to do before I build this sandwich?

Also, Mike's XS has a TON of stuff. But again, I've heard negative things from them in the past.. just wanna get this right the first time.

HVC Cycle is good
Niche Cycle Supply is good

All Cycle Supply is a new one I’ve found recently that carries mostly Honda, but some Yamaha parts too. Haven’t bought from them yet though.

So I spent about an hour looking through my build thread to try and find a post about which gasket kit was the one that included the right alternator cover gasket. I remember enough to know that there were two different locator pin set ups. I cant for the life of me find the post, and the search bar isnt working on my end for some reason. could anyone help me find the right one?

top is 72 up, bottom 70-71 location.
sidecovers 008.JPG
most kits will have later type gasket a few have both...

Attachments

• 20200524_100015.jpg
    20200524_100015.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 106
Back