putting on buffing wheel on bench grinder

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a WEN bench grinder and got the grinding wheels off but 1 side is LH thread the other is RH threads and there is no flat spot on the shaft to hold it to be able to tighten the buffing wheels
You all have bench grinder whats the secret I don't think I need to use a vice grip to hold the shaft

I use channel-locks on the shaft. Never thought about it much, but it is a pretty clumsy method.
That may be the direction I'll go
you would think the would be a flat spot on the shaft on each side

When I replace grinding wheels, I just hold the wheel with my left hand (after unplugging or locking out the power, of course). Grinding wheels do not require a ridiculous amount of torque, so a gloved hand is normally enough.

It's just the buffing wheels that seem to be a pain
Tomorrow it's supposed to be 70?
I've got a Triumph to sell Tuesday so I got to give it a road test and spit shine Monday
Back to trying the buffer on Wed
Thanks guys !!

Might not be the best idea but if hit with that kind of problem I would be tempted to use an impact wrench. Just don't get carried away a couple real short bursts should do it!

You would probably have to pay an extra 50.00 to get the model with the wrench spot on the shaft. At least in today's market. Personally I use my 5.00 bought at an auction channel locks like others use.

Back