rear disc brakes

b1broc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of mag wheels with rotors. I have seen some people mount the calipers on the bottom. I think thats the route im going to go ive been looking through the pictures in here and i cant seem to find them? or maybe I didnt see this in here. Anyone have some pics or anyone want to share there experience with this route on mounting them??

When I swapped out from drum to disc on the rear, I thought about putting the caliper on the bottom. The main reason I didn't is that when you use the XS650 caliper this puts the bleed screw pointing down and air will be trapped at the top of the caliper. You might be able to get around this with a different caliper.

i wouldnt let the location bother you, the calliper does not need to be mounted to bleed. cheers

Posted via Mobile

Front and rear calipers are the same except for brake line and bleeder locations.......

You have seen them. Often using non stock part, building the caliper mount. Hanging the stock caliper mount puts the strut mount in the wrong place, behind the caliper instead of in front.
Leo

Back