Recognize This Spring?

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
20230407_183029.jpg
I dismantled my rear master cylinder carefully on a clean sheet of cardboard on top of a messy bench. Cleaned, reassembled then lifted the cardboard to see a little spring.
I have since searched and found pictures of the inside items in the master, and know I put everything back together right. I am thinking this little spring has nothing to do with the rear master cylinder.
Anybody know what it's from?

View attachment 240061
I dismantled my rear master cylinder carefully on a clean sheet of cardboard on top of a messy bench. Cleaned, reassembled then lifted the cardboard to see a little spring.
I have since searched and found pictures of the inside items in the master, and know I put everything back together right. I am thinking this little spring has nothing to do with the rear master cylinder.
Anybody know what it's from?
It's hard to discern the size from here, but I'll take a guess. How about the spring behind the detent balls for the choke arm?

Sorry. It would sit on a dime with a bit of space around it and is about 5/8 " high.

Yes, that's too big for the choke rod detent ball spring. How about for the 5/16" detent ball in a kicker? Had any of those disassembled recently?

79Kicker10.jpg

Nope, but thanks. It doesn't seem to be affecting my rear brake job, so I will set the question aside as a known unknown.
Bleeding the rear brake on the survivor Special, so that will keep me on edge for a while.

Sorry. It would sit on a dime with a bit of space around it and is about 5/8 " high.
The little brake light switches. If you've ever broke one, there's a little spring in there about that size. Although I was thinking it's a bit longer than that.

Back