replacement petcock

You could put up a wanted ad in the classifieds section. Somebody surely has a spare laying around for cheaper. Best of luck.

Some things are better to get new. I too used that Non Vac from Mikes and it worked well. I swapped to a Standard Tank for the extra gallon later. Nope I'm keeping it.

batedpigeon,
You could weld (or have someone weld for you...) a threaded bung to a piece of steel, cut to the footprint of the original petcock, and use a non-standard, non-original, non-vacuum style petcock instead. Might be cheaper too (but I doubt it), and you get the warm fuzzy of having made it yourself...

batedpigeon,
You could weld (or have someone weld for you...) a threaded bung to a piece of steel, cut to the footprint of the original petcock, and use a non-standard, non-original, non-vacuum style petcock instead. Might be cheaper too (but I doubt it), and you get the warm fuzzy of having made it yourself...
im probably going to go with the mikes.

Hi 'pidge and welcome,
there's options.
Bite the bullet and pay MikesXS price. Which will get you a manually operated tap that'll fit your '80 Special's tank.
Take the $25 or $40 offer from Vermont. Upside, it's a bargain. Downside, you are stuck with a vacuum-operated tap.
Swap in the larger Standard tank (it drops right on) and be sure it comes with it's own gas cap (the lock will swap with yours)
and taps because they don't interchange with those on a Special tank.

Sorry, didn't mention it. The petcocks are the non-vaccum type they are exactly the ones from Mike's shown in the link above. Some reason my bike didn't come with the stock tank

Back