Rick at Old Skool Carbs needs your thoughts and prayers

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I know a lot of you have used the services of Rick at Old Skool Carbs. He was in a very serious car accident a few days ago. He's still in ICU at CMC Main in Charlotte. He's recovering and will eventually be OK, but he has a very long road ahead of him.
I won't get into his injuries too much, but they were/are very severe.

Please send some positive vibes his way.

Rick's a good guy. I know he has tried really hard at his carb business. Get better fast Rick!

Hey Rick, I hope you are back on your feet real soon. You did my carbs 3 years ago and they are still spot on . After living in the area for 12 years I know the Charlotte Medical Center is a great hospital and will tune you up.

My thoughts are with you Rick. Get yourself healed. I just got back from burning a gallon through the carbs you restored and read the memo. Hoping that you too....are good as new soon.

XStretchified

Rick is definitely " The Man " and his being out of the loop for a while will be noticed. Gonna take some time, but we got time. Don't rush it Rick. Take care of yourself and get better. Lots of people thinking about you.

P.S. I hate seeing post like this but it always amazes me how people rally around each other here and offer support.

truly a great community

I was surprised that nobody has mentioned whether or not he's got good insurance & stuff or is the online community going to try & help him out? I don't have much, but if this bites his arse hard I'd kick in a few bucks to help a good guy out. Somebody who knows him might step up & take on the task. A short few from enough people makes a lot of difference.

Get well Rick...if there's anywhere to send a few bucks someone post up....I've had a pair of his carbs secondhand and they were spotlessly fine tuned machines.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting or doing business with Rick, but what I have read he is a good business man and a good addition to our XS650 community. My prayers and well wishes go to Rick. Tony C

Never used the guy but seen his work and its top notch. So we need him to get healthy again and do what he does.
Get well GUY!!!!

Man this is sad.
Rick i too hope you get back to good health without loss of function.
He is a great carb tech
I got my 34s from him and never looked back.

Back