Wanted - Seat for 1973 TX650

symboy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
New to the site, I am finishing off an Australian TX650 built October 1972, The seat was missing. It is not the same as XS1, XS2 or XS1 b or TX650 A(1974) Any one out there who may know of a seat in any condition, I have an original cover and strap but no base,

I live in Yorkshire .England, My pal has had stuff sent from the US, I will see him friday and get his shippers contact, Thanks for your reply. Can I afford your seat? and how would I pay you? Paypal? Do you have a photo of the underside of the base? Cheers, Symboy (Dave)

some shots. base is a repaint (poor) but it LOOKS rust free can remvoe cover and foam if you want so we can see the other side of the base. Didn't check the ss strip real close this morning, but I think it's pretty darned good. Check shipping and make an offer. Best I don't think about what I paid for that POS cover and install.

Attachments

• DSCN6476.JPG
    DSCN6476.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN6477.JPG
    DSCN6477.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN6478.JPG
    DSCN6478.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCN6479.JPG
    DSCN6479.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 167
This is the correct seat base ... perfect. I will pay what ever you think is fair. In reality I only need the base, but i need the weight to get a shipping price. How can I pay? I will need your proper contact address and Zip. This is great news thank you.

some shots. base is a repaint (poor) but it LOOKS rust free can remvoe cover and foam if you want so we can see the other side of the base. Didn't check the ss strip real close this morning, but I think it's pretty darned good. Check shipping and make an offer. Best I don't think about what I paid for that POS cover and install.

Will you work out a price to include payingfor the base and boxing up the base only for shipping and then I can pay you some how. The second stage could you check your local shi8ppers for sending to the UK, I can pay them directly to avoid you any more expense. I could phone you if you would prefer, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a member gggGary contacted me with a near perfect seat base , which he arranged to have sent to england. Because this seat seems very rare, my seat mender is going to try and make some replica bases... watch this space. I also bought a fire damaged XS1 B from a UK importer..the seat was missing when I went to collect it. So I would like to find an original XS1 or xs1b seat base. My TX paintwork is due back , looking forward rto the short and wet english summer

Attachments

• xs1 b 1.jpg
    xs1 b 1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 140
  • xs1 b 2.jpg
    xs1 b 2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 149
  • xs1b 3.jpg
    xs1b 3.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 130
Ahhh cool I've got a tx seat and I've had alot of interest in it so gathered they are quite rare.