Seat interchange

acebars

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Are the XS-1 XS-2 and TX650 seats only compatible with each other?

I just realised the seat that came loose with my TX650 is a '74 seat and does not bolt onto my tx650.

I don't care for originality and prefer the '74 seat but don't want to do major mods to get it on.

Will XS-1, XS-2 seats fit on my TX650? Thanks

The 73 TX650 seat is a one year deal. It's wider at the front than the 70-72 models to match the wider at the rear 73 tank. (don't believe Mikes seat ad)

Took me a while but I finally found one on here with a travelcade cover. I have a pan but it's rough. There is a fleabayer selling TX covers for $28.00, the travelcade cover looks nice too. Both these have sewn seams instead of the pressed originals.

My '74 seat actually looks great on the bike although it doesn't have the right hinges.

Just out of curiosity is there anything stopping an XS-1/XS-2 seat fitting on a TX650 despite them being narrower?

Sorry acebars I may need it yet and the freight would be stupid high. Here's a photo comparison of the 70-72 and the 73 seats

xs2 tx650 seats 001 (Copy).JPG

xs2 tx650 seats 003 (Copy).JPG

xs2 tx650 seats 004 (Copy).JPG

xs2 tx650 seats 005 (Copy).JPG

xs2 tx650 seats 006 (Copy).JPG

The hinges are in the right place the early seats slip right on. They are a bit smaller all the way around, look nicer actually except right at the tank. They probably changed the seat to better match big American asses. :laugh: But we went right out and put even BIGGER king queen dual bucket seats on em.

Once the box is oversize look out, anymore for overseas, if it don't fit in flat rate box.....

Actually the flat rate boxes are some of the worst ways to ship internationally via USPS, and the online calculator lies also (making it sometimes 40% more expensive).

The best rate is an ordinary box and non-box rate first class or priority at the mailing office.

But we went right out and put even BIGGER king queen dual bucket seats on em.

Haha, the '74 seat looks good if it actually bolted on, will take a photo of it tomorrow.

ugly but surprisingly comftable, especially on a long ride.have 2 seats 1 for local and that one to go on for distance rides

Gary does the XS-1 seat actually bolt onto the TX650 as you have shown in the photo?

I'm going to be putting a different tank on eventually so I may actually be better off with an XS-1 / XS-2 seat as opposed to a TX650 seat.

Here is a photo of a '74 seat resting on a '73 TX, it doesn't bolt on whatsoever just looks not too bad imo.

IMG_3898_zpsf48975c8.jpg

IMG_3899_zps01ad4002.jpg

I've been searching for an earlier pre-tx seat, but the thought has occurred to me that I do actually prefer the later post-tx seats, in otherwords the one that I have on the bike, it doesn't look great on the photo because I should have positioned it better, but given I'm changing the tank also it'll be perfect being narrower than the tx seat for the new tank I'm putting on.

Has anyone ever retrofitted a later seat to an earlier bike and if so how did you go about it?

Back