seat pan restoration (XS2)

nesster

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So...the seat I ordered from XS650Direct will have to be shipped back as it is "wonky" at the rear. Still waiting to hear back from them after sending 3 emails since Monday. What's with that?? Their instructions on their website say nothing may be returned without an "Authorization Form" filled out...and there's no phone number for them...still waiting to hear from them. ugh The latest is...I've retrieved the original seat I'd sent to an upholsterer for a re-do. All the foam is yellow dust - I'm sure you'll know exactly what I mean. I'm intending to re-build the seat pan which is rotten - the seat man said he wouldn't be able to re-foam it and re-cover it as it is. Has anyone here fibre-glassed a rotten seat pan? Will I need to do top and bottom or just the underside of the pan? Thanks, Chris in Barrie, ON

How bad is that pan. Show us a photo. Most of the pans can be welded up and or cut out areas that are totally gone. Lets see how bad this one is.

So...the seat I ordered from XS650Direct will have to be shipped back as it is "wonky" at the rear. Still waiting to hear back from them after sending 3 emails since Monday. What's with that?? Their instructions on their website say nothing may be returned without an "Authorization Form" filled out...and there's no phone number for them...still waiting to hear from them. ugh The latest is...I've retrieved the original seat I'd sent to an upholsterer for a re-do. All the foam is yellow dust - I'm sure you'll know exactly what I mean. I'm intending to re-build the seat pan which is rotten - the seat man said he wouldn't be able to re-foam it and re-cover it as it is. Has anyone here fibre-glassed a rotten seat pan? Will I need to do top and bottom or just the underside of the pan? Thanks, Chris in Barrie, ON
Question: Has anyone had difficulty contacting xs650direct.com ?? I need to ship a new seat back to them as it's "wonky" / defective. I've emailed them 3x this past week and nobody has gotten back to me. is there a phone #?
So...the seat I ordered from XS650Direct will have to be shipped back as it is "wonky" at the rear. Still waiting to hear back from them after sending 3 emails since Monday. What's with that?? Their instructions on their website say nothing may be returned without an "Authorization Form" filled out...and there's no phone number for them...

Question: Has anyone had difficulty contacting xs650direct.com ? Haven't heard back from them - sent 3 emails this past week. There's no way to attach these photos to their email service either...

Attachments

• 20230624_204233_HDR.jpg
    20230624_204233_HDR.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230624_204320_HDR.jpg
    20230624_204320_HDR.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 36
Back