Short Vid of my rephased Xs650

C-Los SD

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Camera video sound like crap, but sounds awesome in person. Almost like a V4 motor.
77 Xs650 with 700cc JE Pistons, Hugh's crank/cam and Pamco ignition. Almost complete, just waiting for paint on tank and cafe seat.
BTW, lots of noise coming from the head area...hopefully I don't have issues.

I'm sure this has been asked but what, who's rear sets are those? If I could be so bold, how much did they run? Sounds great btw.

Dave

Rearsets are Tarozzi from Fast From The Past.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/the-2237/Rearsets-Fixed,-Rubber-Footpeg/Detail

The are not cheap, and you can't use kick start, so I had to make my own mounting bracket to bring them back to clear the kick lever. I had them anodized, they look nice.

DSCN1188.jpg

DSCN1191.jpg

SWEET BIKE!

I also used some tarozzis on my bobber, had to fab up my own mounts as well:

6001972656_b8d517acd4.jpg

6001972364_7a15928abe.jpg

Camera video sound like crap, but sounds awesome in person. Almost like a V4 motor.
77 Xs650 with 700cc JE Pistons, Hugh's crank/cam and Pamco ignition. Almost complete, just waiting for paint on tank and cafe seat.
BTW, lots of noise coming from the head area...hopefully I don't have issues.

Sounds great, where are the reverse cones from. Are they on 13/4" pipes

Thanks, the crap sound does it no justice. Pipes are Mike's 1 3/4 stainless headers and Cone Engineering reverse cone.

Thanks for that, I've got a 750 rephase with Mikes 1 3/4 pipes, I was thinking the short stainless reverse cones from Gordon Scott might be the trick, looks like it's the sound I'm looking for.
Must be slightly loud standing next to it.

^ I use a P style exhaust clamp with a 1" hollow spacer and bolt it to the center stand bosses. It's pretty solid.

Thanks that's what I had in mind for the exhaust. wasn't sure on the support for the muffler though, I guess being that short there's not a lot of stress.

How did you go with clearing the centre stand with the 13/4 pipes. My frame is a 73 TX and the centre stand is pushing the pipe out too wide, I think I'm going to have to bring the mount for the stand further under the frame, also my stand doesn't have a long bit hanging out to hook with my foot.

Can you do a photo of the side stand on yours if you get a chance

Pete, I'm not using the center stand, but I did have the same problem with the side stand coming up to high and not being able to hook it. A quick fix is to get some thick wall rubber tubing 1.5" long (I used oil line tubing from Triumph's), and zip tie it to the frame. This prevents the side stand from coming up all the way. For the muffler, I just drilled a couple of holes through the muffler and header and used stainless rivets to secure it.

DSCN0544.jpg

Thanks bloke,
Appreciate you taking the time to take a pic, simple is usually best . I have another problem with the pipe hitting where the sidestand mounts to the frame and holds the pipe out fairly wide.
I'll try to get a clear pic of it and post.

Back