Signature

pregrid

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I wanna add to my sig a link to my street tracker thread but copying the shortcut and then adding it to my sig does not leave an actual "click on" link, looks like the info is there, just not underlined. Any suggestions?

Basically you insert the link over the name. So, if you wanted a link to be here, then you highlight the word "here", go to "insert link" and paste said link in the pop-up box. Remember to check to make sure you do not have 2 "http://" in the pasted link. So just copy the desired link from www on.
Got it?

Now to find how to put it in the signature, 'cuz I can't.

I think Gary has permissions that we don't have.... He's probably a secret mod. Or a secret hax0r.

Yeah I was wondering if I am special now. but I have never tried adding a link to a siggy before.
And it's not a secret, there was an announcement in the lounge on Tuesday..........

As Xjwmx sez it's not allowed....

Try cutting and pasting this html into your signature;

That's what I did a couple of posts above. Look under where you edit your signature and see what permissions are enabled for you.

Did you try and put it in your signature (there is a link in the quick links drop down)

Signature Permissions
Allow Basic BB Code Yes
Allow Color BB Code Yes
Allow Size BB Code Yes
Allow Font BB Code Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code No
Allow List BB Code No
Allow Link BB Code No
Allow HTML No
Allow Image BB Code No
Allow Code BB Code No
Allow PHP BB Code No
Allow HTML BB Code No
Allow Quote BB Code Yes
Allow Smilies Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

Yeah um well, never mind..........
Sorry about that. Figures I would do something like this in what 2 days? :doh:

I think Gary has permissions that we don't have.... He's probably a secret mod. Or a secret hax0r.

Yes it's because Gary is a moderator. Not a secret mod though... Please join me in welcoming gggGary as a new moderator

To be honest I didn't even realize I had that turned on for the moderator user group. The reason it's turned off for everyone else is spammers love to tuck links into their signatures and that actually hurts how XS650.com ranks in the search engines. Some people will register and make a few posts just to promote their blog or whatever..

I have a few ideas for making this work where it probably wouldn't get abused. I'll look into it.

Yes it's because Gary is a moderator. Not a secret mod though... Please join me in welcoming gggGary as a new moderator

To be honest I didn't even realize I had that turned on for the moderator user group. The reason it's turned off for everyone else is spammers love to tuck links into their signatures and that actually hurts how XS650.com ranks in the search engines. Some people will register and make a few posts just to promote their blog or whatever..

I have a few ideas I could look into for making this work where it probably wouldn't get abused. I'll look into it.

You could tack that permission onto those who already have over a certian post count.

That would follow the K.I.S.S. principle. :thumbsup:

Back