Wanted - Single or pair of BS38 Carb holders

Classic

rackin' up the miles
Reaction score
[FOUND] Single or pair of BS38 Carb holders

As the title states I would like one or two. One of mine have deteriorated to the point where the bike is unrideable.

Last edited:
Take a look at the shops section . There is a link to jbmindustries. I have been working with him on the straight holders. henow has them on his web site. I think the price is about 54-58. Where abouts in Minnesota are you.

Spend some time on this page. Could be quite helpful in reviewing your deteriorated
carb holder situation .... initial purchase cost versus reliability dilemma. One product is inferior
and will require frequent replacement. The other a bit over engineered and will stand up to the application rigors and last.

The cost difference per set is $ _____?

http://www.jbmindustries.com/HOLDERS.html

Blue

Last edited:
^I didn't get anything out of that page.

Also, I just took apart the other side of the bike and the othe carb holder is flawless so I'm only looking for one.

Classic: does the fuel in your area contain ethanol? If so, you'll be disappointed in about 500miles of riding with Mike's. Ethanol eats them up quickly.

My 2c, buy the JBM's, never worry about it again, and run whatever fuel is available.

As far as I know, ALL retail fuels for automotive use has added ethanol. Most areas have 10 %, but some are as high as 80%. Mikes inlet manifolds are not suited for ethanol, as the photos on that web page showed up at 650 Rider about a year ago. Forgot who posted them, might have been Kev C, not sure, but they were junk after only 3 months, and very little milage. Cra- Z1 has a link to some suited for todays fuel. Maybe he can help you get one only. Worth a PM.

Shoulda stated in the U.S.

Last edited:
I think that in the States, the only fuel that hasn't been EPA regulated is racing fuel from people like VP, and aviation fuels. There used to be a Sunoco Station by Stafford Springs that carried race fuel for sale to the general public, but I havn't been up there since I quit racing. The station was like $.50 cents cheaper, and allot of us bought it there instead of at the race track.

Back