Slimey Crud Run Sunday Pine Bluff, WI slimy oct 6 2013

OK I went and checked your album, yes I did see your bike, you were parked on the trap range area at Leland. Bet it was a bit muddy there by the end of the day!

Yeah it was. Seen a lot of heavy ass Harleys needing to be pushed. We made it to the Red Mouse around 11 and then went to Leland and stayed till about 3. I would guess maybe 2000 people or so? When we went home we took hwy130 south to Dodgeville and it was well worth it. That area around Leland has some of the best roads.

Yea that 130 is good stuff, the whole area from Baraboo West to the Mississippi is great riding.

crud13may 042.jpg

Grepper was there and I didn't meet him either (again). He saw my bike though so he knows I was there. I did see a blue 77 and ratty old school chopper XS and talked to at least two other XS650 guys who had bikes there.

The local Milwaukee paper had a small write up about the slimey crud run on monday. They explained how it started and that it is about the cafe racer style bikes. One of the pictures they printed pissed me off though. For an event that's suppose to be about vintage cafe racers, what would be more appropriate than a pic of a Harley chopper! Seems like every non Harley motorcycle event around here just gets dominated by Harley's that nobody looks at because there's nothing rarer to see than a Harley bagger you know!

WOO HOO IT's slimey crud run time! Sunday Pine Bluff WI and Leland, WI Who's going?

This just went up and down the road today, first time on the road in a long time.

tx650.jpg

Guy I bought it from "had it running" (uh, barely running, fuel pouring out the carbs) but that was 5 years ago. When my 79's engine bit the big one a month ago this was my "closest to running" project. I had done a lot to it last winter. oil, filters, full carb overhaul with throttle shaft seals, cables, cleaning, master cylinder overhaul, yadda, yadda, yadda. So I got it up on the lift, charged the battery, put the test tank on and vroom vroom it fired up. ALL the electrics working! Just overhauled the front caliper and got hard lever, ran it up and down the road, two thumbs up, sounds good! Now gotta get some petcocks on the tank, see if it holds fuel ( a common problem on 73 tanks is a leaky rear seam) hope like heck the seat I bought off jsedacca makes it here before Sunday and I still have the usual long list of todo's to get done.

Weather isn't going to be great Sunday, high in the 50's rain should end by morning, but we have had an awesome run of fall weather here that had to end sometime.

So, get your butts (and bikes) out there! Post here that you are coming so you are "more committed" to going!

Anyone else going? I will probably just go to Leland. Have only put about 1/2 a mile on the 73 so far. But the seat came today, so I have something to sit. High temp trying for about 60 on Sunday. Oh the gas tank is cleaned out and back on the bike too.

Hey made it to the run, the 73 ran great but developed a rich idle burble by the time I left, will have to clean and check the carbs again. Weather was cool but sun was out in the morning for great fall colors in the bluffs. Good turnout, 1500 bikes?

Finally got together with grinder!

Here's his bike

slimycrud grinder.jpg

tracker didn't catch up to the owner

tracker.jpg

me and the 73

txngg.jpg

survivor indian

indian.JPG

Rat truck

rattruck.jpg

It was a good turn out. I once again didn't get to meet you. My ride went good. Half of our group got pulled over on hwy 130 for speeding. My nephew got the ticket for 15 over. We ran into some rain for a 1/3 of the ride on the way home. I was admiring your 73 Gary. I wish I could have enjoyed the ride more I had a migraine that I couldn't get rid of.

bergoff you were there? Dang it. I was at Leland from 11 till 2:30! never saw your bike either. Richland county boys on 130? Thats a great road. 73 is rather ghetto but it got me there and home...

I was parked on the southside of town by the trap range. We left right after the tracker came in. It was an Iowa co deputy. He was decent and told me to split the ticket with him since I was clocked at 68 and be had him at 73.

Grinder you weren't pushing yours outside of Pine Bluff were you? I was going stop but someone already did.

Another person asked me if that was me pushing my bike but it wasn't. I didn't go to Pine Bluff at all. Mine ran great and had about 220 miles on by the end of the day. Great to finally meet Gary after all these years.

Back