"Spare Parts" build

SangreDeDios

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Picked up this old AEE frame set up for the XS motor a few months ago and set it aside.
Last weekend i picked up a parts bike (with a title) and figured i should get something going with it. I have another XS that im currently messing with, doing the Bratstyle thing but i've been wanting another hardtail since i sold mine earlier this summer.
I started this whole process yesterday and got some things done today.
I want to document the process so here it is.

Started out with this.
IMG01025.jpg

motor is out.
IMG01026.jpg

and here is the roller.
yes i know the front wheel is on backwords, threw it on in a hurry.
IMG01029.jpg

Looks kind of cool with the wassell tank on.

IMG01034.jpg

Today i threw in the motor and decided to change up the rear wheel to an 18".
I think it looks much better with 18" in the back..

IMG01041.jpg

IMG01043.jpg

IMG01044.jpg

IMG01046.jpg

Now im not too sure if i will run this tank or not, thinking about running a frisco wassell instead. I'll see if i can try that on tomorrow. Also got a set of shaved forks that will be going on the front along with a wheel in much better shape. Im thinking low bars and an old school seat, no springs.
The goal is to assemble it as much as possible and as soon as possible, so i can break everything down and get some paint on it.

tried on a different tank today.
Its a dished frisco wassell, i think i like it much better than the deep tunnel.
Also put on some frisco bars, not sure if i'll be using those but whatever.
what you guys think?

IMG01048.jpg

IMG01050.jpg

skinny !!

IMG01052.jpg

IMG01053.jpg

IMG01055.jpg

Whichever one u don't use u can send my way lol. From my surfing I haven't seen too many dished tanks. I like that look a lot but it's what floats ur boat

Tanks look to short to me. By that I mean not streching far enough along to frame :shrug:

Edit: BTW nice to see a hard tail that is not a TC Bros.

yeah i kinda agree with you about the tanks but i think they might look a better once the seat is on the bike. the frame is pretty stretched out and i dont want to use any "bling barge" long tanks or anything like that to fill up the space.
At this point im pretty much using what i already have in the garage, trying to have 0 dollars in this build, working out good so far but we will see. :)

Back