Spring rate for rear shocks

crc57

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am ordering some 11" shocks for my bobber build and I have the option of spring
rates from 80 to 130. I weigh about 175. Due to the increased angle of the shocks I was thinking about 110. Any one have a better idea? Thanks from the great white north.:confused:

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that I am installing the Visual Impact brat kit to lower the upper shock mounts by about 2.5 inches and the front end has been raked 8 degrees

hey man good to see another albertan on here. haha and it looks like were going for pretty much the same thing i got my brat kit a couple weeks ago and have got 11.5 rear shocks. Ive actually been wondering about the same thing!

I talked with a guy from Progressive suspension, before I bought my shocks, and he told me to buy the Heavy Duty springs with the 14 series shocks. ( he suggested the 12 series, but i wanted the smaller body for less weight?) I told him the bike will weigh under 400lbs, and im 210lb. This May help, and It may not. Try calling them up, and talk with the Tech guy. You dont have to tell him that your running other brand shocks, just ask what he reccommends for your application.

I had a pair of their 44o series shocks on a Road King for awhile.I had the HD springs recommended by them on mine and i had to replace them with the standard ones...way to stiff.I'm 230 and the Road king is a heavy bike..just sayin.

Back