Wanted - Stock "standard" handlebars

felixcontour

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a set of stock "standard" handlebars like the ones in the image below.

If there's anyone in MI, I can come pick it up.

Let me know what you've got. Photos preferred.

And if you want my stock pullback bars from my '81 special we could trade as well.

Attachments

• xs1.jpg
    xs1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 257
Ok, felix, glad you asked because I've been meaning to measure mine for a long time.
All these measurements are taken from the pipe center, not edge, except width which is center of hole at very end.

XS1B Handlebar dimensions:
(Viewed from top)
Width = 28 1/2"
Bottom clamp straight length = 6"
(Viewed from side)
Rise to bend = 6"
Sweepback (lay bar on floor, all bends flat on floor, center of pipe perpindicular to end ctr) = 7 3/4"
Angle (viewed from side) 60° from vertical

Wish I could do a picture, look at my album to see bike (green XS1B)
Hope this helps...

Cool. Let me know. I want to do a few measurements on the big Special bars and see how much the cable length would change with the XS1/2 style. Hoping to not have to shorten anything.

I have measured my handlebars and they are the same dimensions as mentioned by TwoManyXS1Bs.
They are in good un-bent condition but could do with rechroming, only very light surface corrosion.
Dave.

Those look just like my xs1b bars, yam parts manual sez 70-73 same part.
Just to be sure, could disassemble throttle and see if weight is in there...

Cool. Let me know. I want to do a few measurements on the big Special bars and see how much the cable length would change with the XS1/2 style. Hoping to not have to shorten anything.

The brake fluid reservoir will sit tilted so you'll have to level it when you have to add any fluid, and you may have to re-route your clutch and throttle cables. No big deal.

I have now removed the bars from my XS-2 and they appear to have weights welded into the ends of the bars, they do weigh a bit.
Still for sale if anyone wants them.
Dave.

Back