Thin wall fuel hose

Dom

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Do any of the UK members know where I can get the thin walled fuel hose as used for the carb overflow, the normally available stuff is 9mm OD which is cumbersome and difficult to fit through the gap between the frame and engine.

If you're using plastic hose, get a smaller size and expand it over the spigot using a heat gun. I use black reticulation pipe, 6-7mm OD.

Stock, that overflow line was clear, but turned yellow with age.

Finished.jpg

Thanks Toglhot/Bosco, I'll have a look at those. Tygon seems only to be available in the yellow colour.
I bought clear Tygon from Aircraft Spruce. Not 100% if it was meant to be used for gasoline but have used it with no negative effects do far.

Last edited:
I also bought some transparent Tygon from Aircraft Spruce. Not clear but a translucent beige colour. Not my favourite though as it’s quite stiff and can’t do tight bends like the yellow Tygon. I’ll post a pic later today.

I bought this tubing at ACE Hdw. I don`t remember the size but it is a perfect fit and does not kink in tight turns. Fits the Mikuni`s just fine. I used dye to make them transparent red to match my fuel lines.:thumbsup: The vent tubes run through the motor mounts to the bottom of the frame with plenty of room. Mikuni used to sell vent lines in bulk lengths. Try SUDCO.
vent lines 002.JPGvent lines 009.JPGvent lines 011.JPG

I bought this tubing at ACE Hdw. I don`t remember the size but it is a perfect fit and does not kink in tight turns. Fits the Mikuni`s just fine. I used dye to make them transparent red to match my fuel lines.:thumbsup: The vent tubes run through the motor mounts to the bottom of the frame with plenty of room. Mikuni used to sell vent lines in bulk lengths. Try SUDCO.
View attachment 249845View attachment 249846View attachment 249847
I like the dye trick! Most of the hose I see at hardware stores up here is PVC that doesn’t like fuel over time. Good win if your Ace line holds up 👍

Back