Thoughts on fat spokes

BobbedSled

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting my bike painted and swapping to a springer as the last steps of my build. I was contemplating radial laced fat spokes also known as Mammoth spokes with black rims and hubs with Chrome spokes. I think they look nice and give a trick look but I just don't know. Any thought or opinions, perhaps someone has some insights or view points I don't have. Are they a fad, gimmicky, here to stay. Almost too too much for a small bike? Haven't seen many on smaller bikes.

No need to tell me to "get what I like". I am not looking for permission or recommendations, just looking for opinions about the straight laced fat spokes on a bobber is all.

I looked up 'Mammoth spokes.

Okay, I think I see the attraction now.

23x35_chrome_front_wheel_harley_48_fat_spokes_bikini_girl_3.jpg

JDizon was the only one I saw, it is front only so hard to tell.

My back tire is a 240 and I plan on going up to a 21 in the front, currently I am 19" so I need to buy at least 1 wheel. That got me thinking about changing the back which I then arrived at fat spokes.

Not sure if classic chrome spokes would look better over time, Mammoth spokes look great but not sure they will stand up to time is where I am at, not sure a smaller bike can pull them off them like a big oversize bagger can.

k-DSC_0323.jpg

3e36aaa5-80f0-4e30-812f-f3951915fa95-atme.jpg

Old_School_with_Mammoth_Teardrop_Spokes.jpg

Last edited:
Back