Tired of waiting ...

72XS2

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Like my title said, I'm tired of waiting to complete my XS2. Everything is ready, just need to send the frame to powdercoat, chrome some parts and order parts that I need to rebuild it. A guy just open a chrome and powdercoat shop on my street so I won't have to go far for this part. I cleaned and inspected everything. The only thing I'm not sure is about rebuilding the top-end of my engine. It runs very good last summer when I drove it. Maybe I will do it later. I'm sure that I'm not the only one in this situation. I don't get back to work yet due to my surgery, maybe in a month or two. Until then, budget is tight so I have to wait. I can't wait to put it back together and ride it. :bike:

Last edited:
why does it need a top end? cam chain guide? smokes alittle? if it runs good, run it.
But a top end isnt hard to do. shit, I did it. the only other motor Ive worked on is a lawn mower go cart.
Just stagger the rings, tap the cam bearing all the way in, and make sure the cam is lined up rite.

why does it need a top end? cam chain guide? smokes alittle? if it runs good, run it...

Everything seems ok, no smoke, no plastic residues in oil. I was thinking about it because the bike is fully disassembled and it didn't "run" since 1985. I am a little worried about valve seals. I just thought it will be a good idea to do it now so everything will be ok when I will reassemble the bike. I already start a thread about it because I wanted some advices.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2934

Last edited:
Back