tires

Nah, there's been LOTS of folks that run them tubeless. They are exactly the same-I have both, and the last one I sold I rode 6000 miles without tubes. You MAY need to enlarge the valve stem hole.

They are identical except for the words cast into them, and tires can't read. :) I suspect it had more to do with tubeless tires being not so common yet.

John

When I had mine done by a shop, I was told I needed innertubes as they were'nt suitable for tubeless, though I have another and that definately has no tubes, but I did that one myself:shrug:

I read a thread on this years ago on another forum, the upshot being that the early Yamaha solid wheels were porous and that some would allow air to seep through. It was suggested that painting the inside surface (the area normally hidden by the tire) with epoxy paint would seal the rim... but I haven't tried this.

There are differences in the wheels them selves.On the inside of the flat area where the bead seats is a small lip. This lip help keep the bead seated in a low pressure situation as in a nearly flat tire. It can keep the tire from full deflating in a quick and abrupt manner. This can prevent a serious loss of control.

Back