Rear mag wheel not true?

I took the wheel off the bike. Put the axle back thru it and on some blocks of wood. The rim looks straight but the tire looks uneven. Looks like the tire is not mounted properly. I’ll bring it back. Hopefully they don’t give me a hard time. It’s not the money so much as I just want it done and safe to ride.

I took the wheel off the bike. Put the axle back thru it and on some blocks of wood. The rim looks straight but the tire looks uneven. Looks like the tire is not mounted properly. I’ll bring it back. Hopefully they don’t give me a hard time. It’s not the money so much as I just want it done and safe to ride.
I brought the tire back and they reset it. Still has a wobble in the same place. Maybe a bit better. I was able to get it back on the bike and it barely does not rub. I don’t feel good/right about it…. I guess I could ride it and see how it feels?

I brought the tire back and they reset it. Still has a wobble in the same place. Maybe a bit better. I was able to get it back on the bike and it barely does not rub. I don’t feel good/right about it…. I guess I could ride it and see how it feels?
Is it possible it's a bad tire? If the wheel is true with no runout then it seems like it must be a problem with the tire.

Where are Shinko tires made?
How about the balance weights , how much weight was necessary to balance the tire?
Hoping you didn’t end up with a “factory second” from a lower grade supplier ?

Looks like as reasonable a choice as any I suppose.
You pays your money and takes your chances these days.
I’ve only bought from local shops while looking at the tire but even then you takes your chances

Back