Trade - Trade complete 75 for newer

ogh11756

Project Hound
Reaction score
I have heard the pre-1977 bikes are more desirable for restoration.
I have a clear titled 1975 standard that is complete but not running.
The engine is not seized and seems to have decent compression when turned over with the kick starter. Both spoke wheels, Drum rear brake, disc front.
It is a little rough but complete. Would be a good restoration project.
I am willing to trade for newer model (in similar condition) to chop. I am currently working on a 1977 hardtail and the 1975 bike is the project in waiting.
If interested, and within reasonable driving distance, let me know and i will send you a few pics.
Please do not ask for parts, it will not be parted out.
Peace

I agree...you're doing the right thing.

Save that older one for someone to restore. They're getting harder and harder to find every day.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

I have heard the pre-1977 bikes are more desirable for restoration.
I have a clear titled 1975 standard that is complete but not running.
The engine is not seized and seems to have decent compression when turned over with the kick starter. Both spoke wheels, Drum rear brake, disc front.
It is a little rough but complete. Would be a good restoration project.
I am willing to trade for newer model (in similar condition) to chop. I am currently working on a 1977 hardtail and the 1975 bike is the project in waiting.
If interested, and within reasonable driving distance, let me know and i will send you a few pics.
Please do not ask for parts, it will not be parted out.
Peace

Will also consider trades for 750, 850, or 1100 shaft drive.
Easier to make a trike (next project idea) from a shaft drive.

tadd442,
Even half way to Chicago would be a stretch for me.
I will take some pics this weekend and pm them to you.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 75 650xs left.jpg
    75 650xs left.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 75 650xs right.jpg
    75 650xs right.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 149
its too bad your so far away, i just picked up 2 xs1100 specials. I bought another 650 and both 1100s were thrown in with the deal. Have no real use for them or no plans to build them either.

Mosely get that seller's name address phone etc and record it, stick it with the 1100's, later on someone is going to want to track down a title.
A few times now I have looked a bike in the shed and said damn I sure wish I had that sellers info........
I'm getting better about recording info but it sometimes still slips through the cracks. Last year I flipped a 4K mile Honda 650 (no title) that I got out of relative's barn. The relative just called, TITLE FOUND" but I don't have record of the guy that bought the bike sans title, what a shame.

Yeah I am going to try to keep track of that. The prior owner is still looking for the titles and is going to get me duplicates if he cant find them. If i sell the 1100s before then i am going to make up 2 bills of sale one for me so i have record and 1 for them. if you know anyone in the Iowa area I got a 1980 xs1100special and a 1979 xs1100special parts bike.

Mosely get that seller's name address phone etc and record it, stick it with the 1100's, later on someone is going to want to track down a title.
A few times now I have looked a bike in the shed and said damn I sure wish I had that sellers info........
I'm getting better about recording info but it sometimes still slips through the cracks. Last year I flipped a 4K mile Honda 650 (no title) that I got out of relative's barn. The relative just called, TITLE FOUND" but I don't have record of the guy that bought the bike sans title, what a shame.

Back