Trying to help someone what's this called?

HOTEL71

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
he claims he needs "coil plates"
anyone know the official name?

thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-06-15 01-08-20.png
    Screenshot from 2021-06-15 01-08-20.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 186
I have a starter from my 77 that worked when I tried it out 5 years ago. My battery wasnt up for the task after 2-3 attempts so i kicked it about a zillion times until it came to life. I could take it in to Autozone and have them test it. I assume the starter didnt change much over the years. It's not going back in, so I'd be happy to let go of it if you need? Shipping + $20?

I can't for the life of me understand why he needs pole shoes. I rebuilt hundreds of gens and starters and never saw a pole shoe that needed replaced. Had to file and sand a few where the coils had shorted to them. I did replace a lot of the coils. Wonder if that what he really means he needs. If he does need shoes best thing to do is buy a used starter. If he needs coils same thing get another starter.

I can't for the life of me understand why he needs pole shoes. I rebuilt hundreds of gens and starters and never saw a pole shoe that needed replaced. Had to file and sand a few where the coils had shorted to them. I did replace a lot of the coils. Wonder if that what he really means he needs. If he does need shoes best thing to do is buy a used starter. If he needs coils same thing get another starter.
I take stuff apart and lose pieces. Surely, I’m not the only one. Sorry I called you Surely.

My father in law was changing a water pump on his truck. It took him a few hours to remove it. Then went right back to work installing it. He's not mechanically inclined so he forgot how it went back together. It cost him twice as much for him to tow it to Ford and have them put it back together. I'm more of a I've plugged every wiring plug on the car but I cant seem to find the last one kinda guy.

Back