Wanted - TX650 Carbs

Sorry, thought I had replied to this. If they are the same then either would do.
Still looking at a fix for the one I have but threads are stripped and a few other issues. Though I would check to see if anyone might have a pair.

While we are here, what Mikuni carburetors were fitted to the TX650? Were they 38s? Could they be used in place of VM38 for one of my random projects like an XT500?

Thank you Guys.

Note: Ebay UK has a couple of pairs listed.

They are 38's. I was advised that the VM34 is a 2 stroke carb so power will be either low end or high end but not both. Also, I found the cost of a conversion kit to be prohibitive for me. US dollar is at over 40 cents on the $$.

I've been searching the manuals at "thexscafedotcom" and I now see the XS used the constant velocity types. I was hoping someone would say such and such a Year used VM carbs. The TX pair selling on EbayUK look good but would work out expensive for you by the time they get to Canada. From what MaxPete and others have said in the past it's expensive just sending items across the US border to Canada.

Good Luck.

They are 38's. I was advised that the VM34 is a 2 stroke carb so power will be either low end or high end but not both. Also, I found the cost of a conversion kit to be prohibitive for me. US dollar is at over 40 cents on the $$.
Fwiw... the VM carbs can be jetted to work just fine on an XS. In fact, it's a fairly common mod.
It's not a "2 stroke" carb, it can be jetted for about any engine, 2 or 4 stroke.

Last edited:
Sorry, thought I had replied to this. If they are the same then either would do.
Still looking at a fix for the one I have but threads are stripped and a few other issues. Though I would check to see if anyone might have a pair.
What carb do you need, left or right? I have all kinds of carb parts. Do you need just the body or what parts do you have to have?

Not so, I have a pair on mine.
It was the fellow at 650 Central that advised against the VM34. He has stopped selling the kits as the price has gone up, as well as shipping, considerably.
The switch to the VM34 was my original intent. What is entailed in mounting them? The kits came with new manifolds and mounting brackets. Also, how/where do you get the proper cables?
You can tell I'm not much of a mechanic but I'm willing to give it a shot. I can get the carbs here in Canada. It's the mounting that is intimidating.

It was the fellow at 650 Central that advised against the VM34. He has stopped selling the kits as the price has gone up, as well as shipping, considerably.
The switch to the VM34 was my original intent. What is entailed in mounting them? The kits came with new manifolds and mounting brackets. Also, how/where do you get the proper cables?
You can tell I'm not much of a mechanic but I'm willing to give it a shot. I can get the carbs here in Canada. It's the mounting that is intimidating.
It was the PO fitted them to mine, so I'm not much help.
However, they work quite well, with no hesitation or spluttering at all, quite seamlessly.
I took them apart for cleaning about a decade ago, as the bike had sat for a decade before I used it. Unfortunately, I neglected to note the jetting in them.
It's obviously right, as they pull cleanly and also return 60mpg doing it (that's Imp mpg).
I've been wondering what mounts, too, as at some point I might have to replace mine with the march of time.

Back