Unidentified rubber part from an accidentally tipped-over XS650B

larrynyc

XS650 ***** Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Well, stupid me. I tipped over my bike when taking it off the center stand. :doh:

Luckily it wasn't a total fall, I felt it tipping and slowed the fall enough to prevent damage. I picked up the bike, and thankfully there was no damage — except for this little rubber thing bounced on the ground. I cannot tell where it came from.

It appears that it may have ripped off of something, but I have no idea. The only clues I have was that the bike fell to the right, the point of impact was the right throttle grip (I don't have a right mirror on), and the rubber thing bounced towards the front-right of the bike (but it could've bounced from anywhere). Also, the bike is old so perhaps the fall didn't break the piece, it *could* have already been loose and the fall simply loosened it enough to fall off.

Here are photos of the mystery rubber piece: http://imgur.com/a/QoCws

Maybe one of you can identify this rubber piece? It says "SCHRADER USA TR-418" (or possibly TR-416 it's a bit rubbed off). The underside looks like part of the rubber has been ripped from a larger piece.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys. My bike was near a lot of bikes, and tires have been changed on them, so it probably somehow appeared when it dropped. Mystery solved :thumbsup:

Back