verizon and gov!

Massachusetts town approves $20 fine for swearing in public
MIDDLEBOROUGH, Mass. -- Residents in Middleborough have voted to make the foul-mouthed among them pay fines for swearing in public.

At a town meeting Monday night, residents voted 183-50 to approve a proposal from the police chief to impose a $20 fine on public profanity.

Officials insist the proposal was not intended to censor casual or private conversations, but instead to crack down on loud, profanity-laden language used by teens and other young people in the downtown area and public parks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really happy about it," Mimi Duphily, a store owner and former town selectwoman, said after the vote. "I'm sure there's going to be some fallout, but I think what we did was necessary."

The "depth of the submissive mindset' of the country will be clearly defined in the discussion of Edward Snowden, the guy who leaked the story on the exent of the snooping. Current polls show a majority of Americans support his decision to release the classified information, but we will have to see how those polls move as the discussion heats up and the corporate media spins the story.

The positions on each side are articulated clearly by:
House Speaker Boehner ("Snowden is a traitor")
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/boehner-calls-snowden-a-traitor/

and

Colin Powell's former top advisor Ray McGovern ( "he did the right thing")
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=10297
========================================

Snowden (passport nulled by US/no visa) got a "get out of town quick" pass from China to go to Russia and reportedly is seeking asylum in Ecuador.

The talking heads are framing the discussion along the same lines that they took with the run-up to the Iraq invasion. i.e. very slanted to the government position.

Fox article calls him a "mole". Most coverage omits discussion of The Guardian (the Newspaper that broke the story). 100,000 signatures on petition to the White House call Snowden a hero - but that story is rarely reported.

Slanted coverage has moved pubic opinion. Most recent poll shows 54 percent now say Snowden should be prosecuted.

and the beat goes on.

There is a petition going around to abolish the BILL OF RIGHT.
And guess what U.S. citizens are signing it.
Can You believe that?
JUST HOW STUPID SOME PEOPLE CAN BE!!!!!!!!! IS BEYOND ME.

There is a petition going around to abolish the BILL OF RIGHT.
And guess what U.S. citizens are signing it.
Can You believe that?
JUST HOW STUPID SOME PEOPLE CAN BE!!!!!!!!! IS BEYOND ME.

That silliness is about as important as a petition to have cheddar cheese be declared the national pet. It's only value is to identify the percentage of people out there who are brain-dead. It's kinda like the polls of those that want S. Palin to run for office.

Okay, you asked for it...

Attachments

• Tshirt.jpg
    Tshirt.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 121
Yes I agree too. That's RIGHT!
Yesterday I learned that we have done it!
that's right we have done it!
98,000,000 working in USA.
103,000,000 on food stamps USA.
now that's out of 310,000,000 total USA.
I'm not that smart but even I can see this house is falling down!

Well I am sad to say that here in Lee county Florida.
We have a government drone flying in our air space.
And the damn thing is flying very low.
We saw the Mthrfckng thing fly over a lake then fly back over the lake.
This is truly a bad thing for U.S.
You can be killed by one of these things without a reason or explanation.
Just that you were a enemy of the state

Government FAA Warns Americans: Don't Shoot at the Drones
Don't even think about it. People who fire guns at drones are endangering the public and property and could be prosecuted or fined, the Federal Aviation Administration warned Friday.

The FAA released a statement in response to questions about an ordinance under consideration in the tiny farming community of Deer Trail, Colorado that would encourage hunters to shoot down the flying aircraft. The administration reminded the public that it regulates the nation's airspace, including the airspace over cities and towns.

A drone "hit by gunfire could crash, causing damage to persons or property on the ground, or it could collide with other objects in the air,"the statement said. "Shooting at an unmanned aircraft could result in criminal or civil liability, just as would firing at a manned airplane."
Under the proposed ordinance, Deer Trail would actually grant hunting permits to shoot drones costing $25 each. The town would also encourage drone "hunting"by awarding $100 to anyone who presents a valid hunting license and identifiable pieces of a drone that has been shot down.

Deer Trail resident Phillip Steel, 48, author of the proposal, said in an interview that he has 28 signatures on a petition – roughly 10 percent of the town's registered voters. Under Colorado law, that requires local officials to formally consider the proposal at a meeting next month, he said. Town officials would then have the option of adopting the ordinance or putting it on the ballot in an election this fall, he said.

The proposed ordinance is mostly a symbolic protest against small, civilian drones that are coming into use in the United States, Steel said. He acknowledged that it's unlikely there are any drones in use near Deer Trail, anyway.

"I don't want to live in a surveillance society. I don't feel like being in a virtual prison,"Steel said. "This is a pre-emptive strike."

He dismissed the FAA's warning. "The FAA doesn't have the power to make a law,"he said.
The FAA is working on regulations to safely integrate drones into the skies over the U.S., where manned aircraft are prevalent. The Congress gave the FAA until 2015 to develop the regulations, but the agency is behind schedule. FAA officials have estimated that once regulations are in place, thousands of drones will be in use across the country for a wide variety of purposes, from helping farmers figure out which crops need watering to tracking sea lions in remote rocky outcroppings to aiding search and rescue missions.

But the Deer Trail proposal is the latest ripple in a spreading backlash against drones. Dozens of laws aimed at curbing the use of the unmanned aircraft have been introduced in states and cities. Privacy advocates have expressed fear that police will use drones to cheaply and effectively conduct widespread surveillance without warrants.

The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, a drone industry trade group, was concerned enough last year about people threatening to shoot down drones that it issued a statement warning that such comments were "irresponsible, dangerous and unlawful."

Michael Toscano, president and CEO of the group, expressed similar concerns Friday, saying drones "are being designed to serve the public good....The myriad of important uses will be imperiled if they become targets. ... The suggestion that Americans take up rms against unmanned aircraft also endangers citizens on the ground."

Yep, that's about right.
Ineptocratican Party.......hmm.

I diverge from this description on the following point: (1) BOTH parties are in lock-step on this one and (2) "Ineptitude" does not include malice. The appearance of ineptitude is merely a cloak for a far more sinister reality.

Coming back to my point that the polls will be the measure of the degree to which the American public has been brain-washed on these "security" issues, I note a poll today shows that 55% of registered voters think Snowden is a "whistle blower" not a "traitor" despite a barrage of propaganda. And I take heart that individual congress folk have stepped away from their party's line and have challenged the excesses of the national security machine. All in all I'm giving US pretty good marks on this one.

I diverge from this description on the following point: (1) BOTH parties are in lock-step on this one and (2) "Ineptitude" does not include malice. The appearance of ineptitude is merely a cloak for a far more sinister reality.

Coming back to my point that the polls will be the measure of the degree to which the American public has been brain-washed on these "security" issues, I note a poll today shows that 55% of registered voters think Snowden is a "whistle blower" not a "traitor" despite a barrage of propaganda. And I take heart that individual congress folk have stepped away from their party's line and have challenged the excesses of the national security machine. All in all I'm giving US pretty good marks on this one.

But that's just "calming talk" the "apparatus" goes on and continues to increase it's grip.

Cat's out of the bag, the technology exists, it will be used.
Ancient Chinese curse; May you live in "interesting" times.

I smell a business opportunity. Remember traffic radar? Followed by radar detectors, followed by next-gen radar, followed by next-gen radar detectors, followed by radar detector detectors, followed by radar detector detector detectors....

How much would you like working for al Qaeda?
You are right though, it's the whole spy vs. spy thing.

I'm reminded of ownership/domain arguments that went on when folks discovered satellite tv signals in their living room, and declared it was theirs and free for the taking. Can I 'butterfly net' these bug spybots? Like paper money floating around in the backyard.....

sure you can net them 2many.
how about coming down here and netting the drone we have.
I was back yesterday. and im not talking about a small thing.
the thing is a full sized predator drone. my buddy has tried to take some pix. It has some kind of jammer on it. all and I mean all the pix that were snapped none came out.
I think I am going have to use a old film cam. the thing flew straight down the road about 300 ft off the ground.
also there has been no reports around here on this thing that I have found.

Back