Feedback for vwbull23

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful when dealing with this member. I negotiated a price for a set of 78/79 side-covers and the seller agreed to send to Australia. I received a quote, from vwbull23, to Aus. To make sure therew was no confusion i asked for confirmation of the quote, it was confirmed so i payed for the parts.

After i had payed for the parts i sent an email to let vwbull23 know i had payed, i got a reply stating the parts would be sent in a couple of days when he posted some other sold parts at the same time.

A couple of days later i received an email from vwbull23;
"Hey man so I went to Ship them today and I must of messed something up when I calculated the shipping they said its like $46 just to Send them to you so I can send you your money back or send me another 20 sorry about the mix up"

I replied;
"When you gave me the price i asked for clarification of the price and it was confirmed at $55.00 US. I payed the asking price

Once an agreement has been reached and the product has been payed for then in my book the transaction stands.

I would like the side-panels but am not going to pay any extra money now that the transaction has been completed. I'm sorry for your mistake."

vwbull23;
"I made a mistake on the price of shipping and i wasnt even going to charge you the whole price for shipping. I have not tried to Windle you out of money or and have completely truth full with you it not like I didn't offer to send you your money back"

My reply;
In my book once an agreement has been reached and paid for, then the transaction has been completed. As an example; If you bought an item in a shop and then they asked you for more money after it was payed for would you give it to them, even if there reason sounded reasonable.

Not trying to be an arse but sometimes we have to wear our mistakes. I have payed you in good faith and i expect good faith in return.

I do not think you were trying to diddle me but the sale should stand as is.

vwbull23;
"I dont see your logic what so ever your now just try en to get over on me for my mistake and that not cool.. If send them to you I will literally losing money so that not going to happen. if you did this I honestly don't think you would pay out of your own pockets to send them so I will be sending you your money back via pay pal sorry for the mix up I tried to work with you but In my book me messing up shipping cost dosent mean I should have to pay money to ship them to you. I could have just keep your money but I not that type of person."

I received a refund for the $55.00 on the same day as his last email.

This is a word for word copy of the email correspondence since i payed for the side-covers.

vwbull23 has joined this site to sell parts. No one is out of pocket, but here is a case of a lack of integrity and accountability. If the postage was $46.00 and i payed him $55.00 then he was not out of pocket on the transaction.

Buy at your own risk.

I again and have in fact paid the difference on shipping a few times when selling parts that I either didn't weigh correctly or measure correct before telling the person how much shipping would be. I to think once an agreement is made and the asking price is paid its a done deal. I have tho came back to a few that I was selling to and told them I messed up on a shipping price and asked if we could work out a little more on there end and split shipping. This was done before ever taking payment on anything tho.

Back