Weird signal issue

Artb

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I turn on left signal 8 out of 10 times I must put on right signal then switch to left for it to work if I put on left signal most times nothing till I toggle to the right first then switch to left
Has me baffled,one because not all the time,
bulbs are good and flasher is new,checked grounds so many times,cleaned switch at bars :wtf::wtf:
Any ideas
Thanks in advance

Check where the wires are soldered into the switch. Quite a few have found the blob of solder was just sitting there, it was no longer attached to the copper underneath. A bit of flux and resolder. After that loose connections and grounds especially in the headlight shell.

Signals work and blink fine bulbs are single element std. Issue
Signals worked fine not too long ago
Possessed????

Perhaps spray some contact cleaner inside the switch around the lever and work it several times, repeat???

No matter what the problem is, It's time to remove the headlight, undo the wires for left switches and clean contacts, check soldering and whatever needs doing.

Take your housing apart and make sure the wires are still soldered. All three of mine had come loose and I had the same kind of issues that you did. Surprised that it worked at all once I saw the inside of the control housing.

Back