what year rotors will fit a 78 xs?

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
I'm looking for a front brake setup just dont want to buy something that wont fit, what year lever, master cylinder and rotor will fit my 78 xs? thanks

77 and newer, all models of xs650. the specials have master cylinders that sit at weird angles, but they still work just fine. You could actually use any master cylinder from all of the years, but to make it easier just keep it 77 and newer.

77 and newer, all models of xs650. the specials have master cylinders that sit at weird angles, but they still work just fine. You could actually use any master cylinder from all of the years, but to make it easier just keep it 77 and newer.

sounds good thank you

Some other bikes use the same parts. The XS750, XS850 and XS1100 standards, not the Specials use the same calipers and rotors. The rotors may be thinner. I have a set that came off an XS1100 that are 5 mm thick. They are slotted. Much lighter than the 650 rotor. The 650 rotor is 7 mm thick.
Just be sure to ask the diameter before buying. The XS650 front rotors are 11.7 inches. Some bikes used a 10.5 inch on the front.

Back