What's Been going on at the rats nest lately?

lowliferat

certified hack
Reaction score
So I've been working on the ol' Hawaiian mud bomber, which is an 81 I picked up a year ago, scrapped the idea of he street sign seat pan as I couldn't bend it cause it was too thick , also have been waiting on a battery, so I took the one out of my yak for the fish finder, threw a bag on the side with it in there. So guy I got her from said she had plastic bits in the filter, I put in some new oil, butchered the wiring to get spark and a on off. Threw a aet of old bs38s I had laying around , and kicked a lot. I ran her around the block, but couldn't keep an idle. Running rough, think the chain might be stretched too much. But I made it around the block, I'm going to check vavle clearences and try to find out how to check chain stretch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 67
This my daily driver for over a year now. Been having a problem with intermittent power loss for the last 1000 miles, found out what it was she started falling flat on her face trying to take off at lights last week on my b-day ride , took off the uni filter and the acorn nut for the cam chain adjuster from the mud bomber was in there! I had been wondering where tht went for awhile now? When I took off the carbs , the metering rod was bent and the o ring for the acorn was sitting on the intake vavle! How lucky I was, bent the metering rod back withy fingers and we are golden again. Love my my new sport bike exhaust I foun at the scrap yard. Having back pressure sure has smoothed out her powerband. I couldn't handle the steel seat pan no more. So I went back to a stock seat and it is taller but the comfort is great !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 61
Back