which fork brace

It would probably be much easier to tell the difference in handling with extended forks, since they will have more of a tendicy to twist like a pair of chopsticks below the lower clamp. Hugh has a brace coming. The prototype was in the vid the other day of his young mechanic's bike. Sorry, his name escapes me at this moment, but I can picture that sweet bike he fixed up!

Once again, it depends. Yes, it could help, but will you notice? How are you going to be riding a bike with extended forks? If your pockets are deep, buy it. It won't hurt.

The most benefit will go to the guy who has modified the bike with a grippy front tire and set it up for greater front end loading. He's using the bike for canyon carving.

Mine is a chop. +4 on the forks. Don't have any experience with this type of bike but figured with the extension and the deletion of the front fender it was necessary. Any hard riding will be done on the triumph;)

I use a Tele-Fix Fork Brace purchased in the early '80s. It's been on there so long don't remember if I've really felt any difference in performamce.

TelefixForkBrace_zps61247a75.jpg

I hope this bike needs it..... Since i already bought Gordon Scotts brace. I think ill just tell myself it was necessary

I really noticed the improvement in handling on my bike as the road surfaces can be rough at times, switching from smooth black top to hand laid concrete. I've got RaceTech emulators, progressive springs, tapered head brgs and brass swing arm bushes with Hagon rear shocks and Pirelli tires, and jetmechmarty, you are spot on about grabbing a hand full of brakes in an aggressive tight turn, especially on rough surface, in this situation I can feel the difference.

pcoumbe,

Since you're running emulators, I suggest you swap the springs to straight rate. You'll notice a big improvement!

Yeah, I've been considering trying that for a while now after reading on other forums that straight rate work better with emulators. probably best for me to do it after the dry season finishes here and the wet begins again. Thanks for the tip.

Straight rate optimizes the spring performance to your individual rate. Progressive springs are the "one size fits most" hat. Proper straight rate is the 7 1/8 that fits you like a glove.
Worth every penny.

Here's the video where Hugh points out his soon-to-come fork brace on Tevan's bike (sorry I forgot your name earlier bud!)

Hugh had that fork brace sitting on a table at the Timonium bike show and it was super top notch. I wanted to buy it but he wasn't selling. Like mentioned earlier he said "soon to be available". Uh, hurry up Hugh, spring is here!

I have mounted the fork brace from Heiden Tuning and it really inproved the handling when entering corners, especially when the road isn't very smooth. My bike has a standard front end.

Back